• Saturday: Virginia Baber, Ottawa.
• Monday: Roberta Moore, Ottawa.
• Friday: Rebekah Lay, Ottawa; Lavera Sauer, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:36 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Terrance Morris, 28, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:53 a.m. Sunday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, Cole Farrar, 23, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants.
• 1:55 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Elizabeth Michele Barrier, 20, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:33 p.m. Monday, K-68 and Indiana Road, Daniel Anspaugh, 45, Pomona, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, transporting an open container and no proof of insurance.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:01 a.m. Friday, 1400 block of South Main Street, Brittney Snodgrass, 18, Ottawa, on Franklin County and Miami County warrants.
• 12:24 p.m. Friday, Walmart, 2101 S. Princeton St., Alex Morgan, 22, Melvern, on suspicion of theft.
• 11:25 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of West Seventh Street, Garry Goodloe Jr., 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence. His passenger, Gary Oshel, 50, Ottawa, was arrested on suspicion of transporting an open container.
• 10:18 p.m. Saturday, 1000 block of Willow Street, Lucas H. Simpkins, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated domestic battery.
• 5:05 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of North Sycamore Street, Regina Niesluchowski, 47, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct and damage to property.
• 4:36 p.m. Sunday, 2200 block of South Elm Street, Julie Campbell, 37, Harrisonville, Mo., on suspicion of possession of narcotics, possession of paraphernalia and theft.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:30 p.m. Friday, 600 block of Main Street, a 44-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was pushed by a 44-year-old Wellsville man.
• 6:56 a.m. Thursday, 3700 block of U.S. 59, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported Anderson Tire and Wheel was broken into and several tires were stolen. Estimated damage and loss was $2,175.
• 9:44 p.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Eisenhower Road, a 51-year-old Princeton man reported gasoline, valued at $90, was stolen from two vehicles.
• 8:57 a.m. Monday, 100 block of North Ransom Street, Richmond, a 50-year-old Richmond man reported burglary and criminal damage to the City of Richmond’s property at 118 N. Ransom St. Estimated damage and loss was $273.
• 2:35 p.m. Monday, 200 block of East Franklin Street, Pomona, a sheriff’s officer responded to Casey’s General Store in Pomona for a report of a gas drive-off. The officer located the suspect’s vehicle and escorted Kenneth Stevens-Groff, 26, Quenemo, back to the store. Kenneth confessed to taking the gas, and a report was forwarded to Pomona municipal court, according to a sheriff’s report. The stolen gasoline was valued at $46.
• 3:31 p.m. Saturday, Colorado and Jackson roads, a 2005 Honda Pilot driven by Peter Roy, 41, Vassar, was southbound on Colorado Road when it struck a deer.
• 10:12 p.m. Saturday, 2800 block of Stafford Road, a 1995 Toyota 4 Runner driven by Bryan Gipson, 24, Ottawa, was eastbound in the 2800 block of Stafford Road when it swerved to miss a deer and struck a tree. No injuries were reported.
• 5:21 p.m. Monday, U.S. 59 and John Brown Road, a 2005 Dodge truck driven by Romona Mull, 50, Rantoul, struck a 2000 Ford Ranger pick-up driven by Priscilla White, 16, Princeton, as White attempted to turn into the Patriots Bank parking lot at the corner of U.S. 59 and John Brown Road. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 11:06 a.m. Monday, 900 block of South Locust Street, Dena Foley, 55, Ottawa, was arrested on suspicion of keeping a vicious dog after her dog attacked a dog that belonged to Geneva Davidson, 63, Ottawa, according to a police report. Davidson was bitten in the process of protecting her dog from further injury, the report said. Foley was cited and released.
• 12:27 p.m. Monday, Canterbury Court, a 29-year-old Ottawa man reported being battered by a 35-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 8:22 a.m. Friday, 700 block of North Poplar Street, a 69-year-old Ottawa man reported property was stolen from his residence.
• 11:31 a.m. Friday, Conoco, 2243 S. Princeton St., a 35-year-old female employee reported a known suspect passed a counterfeit bill at the business.
• 6:55 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Oak Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his license plate.
• 6:45 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Main Street, an Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole a cactus from her porch. Michael Brandon, 48, Ottawa, was later arrested on suspicion of the cactus theft.
• 2:10 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of Enterprise Street, a vehicle driven by Jason Huffman, 31, Ottawa, pulled out of a driveway onto Enterprise Street and struck a westbound vehicle driven by Jimmie Bulmer, 49, Ottawa. Huffman was cited with failure to yield from a private drive.
• 8:44 a.m. Saturday, Powhattan and Main streets, a vehicle driven by Leon Thompson, 76, Topeka, was traveling west on Powhattan Street when it struck a southbound vehicle driven by Linda Anderson, 63, Baldwin City.
• 9:40 a.m. Sunday, Fifth and Cedar streets, a vehicle driven by Carolyn McHaley, 36, Ottawa, attempted to turn onto Cedar Street from Fifth Street when it struck a vehicle driven by Sulayka Carter, 47, Ottawa, which was northbound on Cedar Street. McHaley was cited for failure to yield while making a turn.
• 6:54 p.m. Monday, 600 block of North Hickory Street, a 5-year-old Ottawa boy was sitting on a skateboard that rolled out into the street from a driveway and struck a vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Ottawa girl that was northbound on Hickory Street. The boy was transported by ambulance to an area hospital with minor injuries. No citations were issued.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 200 block of Cedar Lane, juvenile complaint; 300 block of Walnut Street, burglary report; 500 block of East Sixth Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 800 block of Main Street, non-injury wreck on private property.
• Sunday: K-33 and K-68 highways, warrant arrest; 200 block of West Fifth Street, civil matter; 800 block of Main Street, suspicious event.
• Monday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, medical assist; 400 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:03 p.m. Friday, 506 S. Main St, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 8:47 a.m. Saturday, West Powhattan and North Main streets, firefighters assisted with a motor vehicle wreck.
• 6:03 p.m. Sunday, North Cross Winds Drive, firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire.
• 10:09 a.m. Monday, 1120 S. Ash St., firefighters responded to a downed power line.
• 6:59 p.m. Monday, 625 N. Hickory St., firefighters responded to a report of a motor vehicle striking a pedestrian.
• 9:04 p.m. Monday, 631 N. Main St., firefighters responded to a residential kitchen fire that was confined to the cooking area.
• Firefighters assisted with 14 medical calls Friday through Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 10:11 a.m. Saturday, 3500 block of U.S. 59, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters investigated a gas smell.
• 3:45 p.m. Saturday, 3500 block of Rock Creek Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 7:39 p.m. Saturday, Iowa and Osborne roads, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Friday through Sunday.