Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:56 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Main Street, Russell Root, 24, San Angelo, Texas, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:25 p.m. Saturday, 3200 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Ethan Hammond, 21, Humboldt, on suspicion of driving while his license was suspended.
• 12:49 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Elm Street, Daniel Yarbro, 19, Ottawa, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
• 9:56 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Kent Hinton, 43, De Soto, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:29 p.m. Monday, 1900 block of Twyman Street, Charles Bradley Grissom, 23, Ottawa, on three Franklin County felony warrants.
• 12:23 a.m. Tuesday, I-35 at milepost 182, Michael Yelland, 37, Quenemo, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and violating license restrictions.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 3:03 p.m. Saturday, a 71-year-old Pomona woman, no address given, reported a known suspect stole a check from her and cashed it. Loss was estimated at $60.
• 9:41 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of Reno Road, a 60-year-old Pomona man reported the theft of an acetylene torch, air compressor, bench grinder and several other items from his barn. Loss was estimated at $740.
• 11:41 p.m. Sunday, 1900 block of Montana Road, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported her son chased an unknown white man out of her residence, according to a sheriff’s report. The woman reported no property was damaged or missing. A search of the area did not turn up the suspect, the report said.
• 6:57 p.m. Sunday, 3200 block of Allen Road, a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville driven by Dakota Snow, 17, Richmond, struck a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville driven by Derick Johnson, 17, Wellsville, at Richmond Lake. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 6:25 p.m. Friday, 100 block of North Locust Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of some items.
• 8:44 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of North Oak Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole two ladders from his property.
• 9:04 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of East Eighth Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his vehicle and stole items from inside the vehicle.
• 11:38 a.m. Sunday, 900 block of Lincoln Street, a 58-year-old Zeeland, Mich., man reported a known Ottawa suspect obtained money from him through fraudulent means. The case is under investigation.
• 2:53 p.m. Friday, 300 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Charlotte Raby, 68, Ottawa, backed into a fence owned by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.
• 5:54 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Austin Dewey, 22, Ottawa, struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Vickey Crowley, 60, Ottawa. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 300 block of Locust Street, lost or mislaid property, 1000 block of Poplar Street, disturbance; 1000 block of Poplar Street, animal complaint; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Hunt Street, welfare check; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 1000 block of Poplar Street; public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Friday: 600 block of Walnut Street, animal complaint; 300 block of West Second Terrace, welfare check; 700 block of West Third Terrace, civil matter; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 4500 Reese Road, assist outside agency; 200 block of Edgewood Street, restraining order violation.
• Saturday: 100 block of East fifth Street, public assist.
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 400 block of West Fourth Street, public assist; 500 block of Main Street, suspicious activity.