• Tuesday: Vaughan Betty, Kincaid.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:42 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of North East Avenue, Williamsburg, Justin Smith, 32, Williamsburg, on a Coffey County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:43 a.m. Tuesday, 100 block of South Walnut Street, Cai Yeager, 21, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of West Second Street, Aaron Ayers, 24, Wellsville, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:13 p.m. Tuesday, 3300 block of Indiana Road, a 41-year-old rural Franklin County resident reported a known 42-year-old Williamsburg man stole several collectable items from his residence.
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Virginia Road, a 40-year-old rural Osawatomie woman reported she found the back door of her 44-year-old brother’s rural Rantoul home open and several items were missing, including three game systems, two laptop computers, a pistol and a passport. The total estimated loss was $3,450.
• 12:21 p.m. Tuesday, Oregon and Haskell roads, a Kawasaki dirt bike driven by a 12-year-old Ottawa boy was traveling east in the 3600 block of Haskell Road when the boy reportedly ran a stop sign at Oregon Road and the motorcycle collided with a southbound 1994 Chevrolet 1500 pickup driven by Richard Mullins, 72, Rantoul, according to a sheriff’s report. The boy was transported to Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo., with undisclosed injuries.
• 4:17 p.m. Tuesday, U.S. 169 and Virginia Road, Trenice Johnson, 52, Greeley, reported a semi-tanker truck side swiped her 2007 International school bus while she was stopped on U.S. 169 near the Franklin and Anderson county line to let a student off the bus. Johnson reported the bus’ red lights and stop sign were activated. The unknown truck driver did not stop. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 11:09 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of East Fourth Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her apartment and stole property.
• 3:01 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of North King Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole a bicycle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, traffic complaint; 100 block of East Seventh Street, public assist; 300 block of Locust Street, public assist; 300 block of East 10th Street, verbal disturbance.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, parking violation; 200 block of Benton Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Monday.