Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:33 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of Bungalow Avenue, Richmond, Jose Velez, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:09 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of Cherry Street, Justin Wayne Husted, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of rape, domestic battery, violation of a protection from abuse order and criminal damage to property.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:33 a.m. Wednesday, 1815 Old U.S. 50, sheriff’s officers responded to a house fire at 1815 Old U.S. 50. A double-wide modular home, owned by Michael Austin, 57, was destroyed in the fire, according to a sheriff’s office report. The home was valued at $80,000, the report said.
• 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, Old U.S. 50 and Alabama Road, a 2000 Chevrolet truck driven by Salah Ibrahim, 54, Eudora, was traveling east on Old U.S. 50 when it struck a deer.
• 4:29 a.m. Thursday, I-35 in Franklin County, a 2010 Ford Fusion driven by Troy Myers, 49, Ottawa, was traveling north on I-35 at milepost 192 when it struck a deer.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 100 block of East Sixth Street, public assist; 600 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:41 a.m. Wednesday, 3 Rockwood Drive, authorized a controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 9:33 a.m. Wednesday, Williamsburg-Homewood, Ohio, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison and Centropolis firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 9 p.m. Wednesday, Pomona firefighters investigated a gas smell.
• Firefighters responded to three medical calls Monday through Wednesday.