Ransom Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has awarded eight scholarships totaling $6,750 for the 2013-2014 school year.
To date, the auxiliary has awarded 262 scholarships totaling $158,650 since its scholarship program began in 1973.
The eight recipients, their schools, and career choices are:
• Teresa Anderson, Neosho County Community College, occupational therapy assistant.
• Michael Barker, Neosho County Community College, occupational therapy assistant.
• Briana Finch, University of Kansas Medical Center, nursing.
• Severena Kimball, University of Kansas Medical Center, audiology.
• Elizabeth Louden, Baker University School of Nursing, nursing.
• Nicole Ninemire, Mid-America Nazerene University, nursing.
• Erin Rossman, Fort Hays State University, speech-language pathology.
• Molly Rugg, Pittsburg State University, nursing.
Scholarship applicants must be local residents who are enrolled or accepted in a health-related program offered by an accredited institution and have a GPA of 3.00 or above.