• Wednesday: Amber Harbison, Ottawa; Rachel Wray, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 6:31 p.m., 500 block of K-68, Joshua Carter, 22, Lecompton, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:56 p.m. Tuesday, 4800 block of Colorado Road, sheriff’s officers responded to a report of a hay baler on fire in the 4800 block of Colorado Road, according to the sheriff’s report. The baler’s owner, Kevin Reece, 50, Overbrook, did not have insurance for the baler, the report said.
• 10:11 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of East First Street, Pomona, a 58-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown person used an object to damage his custom-painted mailbox. Damage was estimated at $300.
• 7:06 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of East Franklin Street, Quenemo, a 42-year-old female manager at Casey’s General Store in Quenemo reported an unknown man, who was pretending to be a Casey’s regional manager, called the store and asked a clerk to place $400 on a prepaid credit card.
• 8:41 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of Rock Creek Road, a 1998 Dodge Ram truck driven by Scott Jones, 48, Ottawa, was traveling west on Rock Creek Road when it struck a cow.
• 11:03 p.m. Wednesday, Douglas and Virginia roads, a 2005 Chevrolet truck driven by John Mains, 46, Lane, struck a deer on Virginia Road near the intersection of Virginia and Douglas roads.
• 5:43 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of Virginia Road, a 2010 Chevrolet S-10 pickup driven by Donald Vanloenen, 31, Lane, struck a deer near the intersection of Virginia and Douglas roads.
Police Department News
• 1:39 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Oak Street, Nicole Noe, 40, Ottawa, was cited and released on suspicion of driving while suspended.
• 10:36 a.m. Wednesday, Fashions Inc., 1019 E. North St., a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported theft of scrap metal.
• 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 23-year-old Ottawa male employee reported a known suspect stole items from the store.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 200 block of Edgewood Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, trespass complaint.
• Friday: 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 3100 block of K-68, animal complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, suspicious activity.
• Saturday: I-35 and K-33, motorist assist.
• Sunday: 200 block of East 10th Street, private property injury accident; 600 block of West Third Terrace, non-injury accident.
• Monday: 300 block of Locust Street, disturbance.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Olive Street, structure fire; 1000 block of Poplar Street, protective custody arrest.
• Wednesday: 100 block of Locust Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:37 a.m. Wednesday, 2302 E. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 9:08 a.m. Wednesday, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire in the 3200 block of I-35.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday.