• Wednesday: Loren Jacoby, Ottawa.
• Baby girl, 8 pounds, to Kayla and Matthew Sessions, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Mitzi Holland, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., William Lute III, 22, Ottawa, on two Franklin County warrants.
• 6:55 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Merry M. Smith, 26, Lee’s Summit, Mo., on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:53 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., John Paul Freeman, 46, Topeka, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:32 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of North Main Street, Morgan Price, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence and obstruction after providing false information.
• 6:49 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Mulberry Street, Cassandra Henslee, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of keeping a vicious dog after her dog reportedly bit an 8-year-old Ottawa boy, according to a police report.
• 12:35 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of East Wilson Street, Curtis Brown, 36, Lyndon, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:14 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of North State Street, Lane, a 50-year-old Lane woman reported an unknown person damaged a window at the Highway 50 Service Station. Damage was estimated at $45.
• 7:33 p.m Tuesday, 3200 block of Labette Road, a 62-year-old Ottawa woman reported 42 gallons of gasoline was stolen from her 1997 Chevrolet Suburban about six weeks ago while it was sitting in the 3200 block of Labette Road overnight. The loss was estimated at $147.
• 11:14 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Center Avenue, Williamsburg, a 27-year-old Williamsburg man reported someone stole a Ruger pistol from his home. Estimated loss was $450.
• 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, 2600 Kingman Road, a 70-year-old Ottawa man reported someone cut the fuel line and stole about five gallons of gas from his 1994 Dodge 1500 truck. The damage and fuel loss was estimated at about $35.
• 5:14 p.m. Wednesday, South Eisenhower Road and West 23rd Street, a 2012 Ford Explorer driven by Rebecca Goad, 60, Pomona, struck a deer in the 2200 block of South Eisenhower Road. Goad was not injured, and she was able to drive the vehicle away from the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 7:58 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of South Lincoln Street, a Lorton, Va., couple in their 40s reported an unknown Ottawa man scammed them out of money over the Internet.
• 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, 2000 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Jerald Harnden, 70, Ottawa, pulled out of Orscheln Farm & Home’s parking lot and struck a vehicle driven by Malyssa Foltz, 22, Ottawa. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 400 block of Walnut Street, suicidal subject.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday.