• Monday: Eric Lorenz, Shawnee; Tory Perez, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 10:32 a.m. Monday, 800 block of East Wilson Street, Regina Brown, 42, Richmond, on an Osage County warrant.
• 11:55 a.m. Monday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., James Wark, 42, Topeka, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:09 p.m. Monday, 600 block of North Main Street, Pomona, a 26-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown man had been making harassing phone calls.
• 2:02 p.m. Monday, 4100 block of Georgia Terrace, a 23-year-old Pomona woman reported she was pushed by a 71-year-old Olathe man.
• 12:35 p.m. Monday, 4600 block of Rock Creek Road, Franklin County Public Works Department reported someone used a skid loader to remove gravel from the 4600 block of Rock Creek Road. Loss was estimated at $400 for the gravel, labor and equipment expenses.
• 2:50 p.m. Monday, 3000 block of Kentucky Road, A 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported she had a couple of people staying at her property while she was gone for a few months. When she returned home, she found some items missing.
• 9:02 p.m. Sunday, 205 E. Central St., Williamsburg, a 1993 Ford Ranger driven by Otto Manwarren, 88, Ottawa, backed into a 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Janet Graham, 60, Williamsburg.
• 3:11 a.m. Monday, 4500 block of U.S. 59 in Franklin County, sheriff’s officers located an abandoned 1999 Subaru Forester, with front-end damage, in the 2600 block of Stafford Road. The owner of the vehicle, William Holt, 50, Lawrence, was located and said he was traveling east on Stafford Road when he lost control and hit a tree. Holt told officers he left the car on Stafford Road to have a friend come get it the next day. Officers also discovered damage to a fence at the scene.
• 5:40 a.m. Monday, West Seventh Street and Eisenhower Road, a 2003 Freightliner driven by Michael Parsons, 51, Fredericktown, Mo., struck the side of a 2002 Buick Century driven by Beavon Abunga, 34, Quenemo, while Abunga was parked at the Eisenhower Road and K-68 interchange. The Freightliner was attempting to merge onto K-68 when the wreck occurred, according to the sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:33 a.m. Monday, Lincoln Elementary School, 1102 N. Milner Road, a 7-year-old Ottawa male juvenile with behavioral issues was transported to Elizabeth Layton Center for Hope and Guidance, 2537 Eisenhower Road.
• 5:29 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Maple Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported he was battered by a known 27-year-old Ottawa man.
• 3:57 p.m. Monday, 1300 block of South Main Street, a 61-year-old Osawatomie woman reported an unknown suspect stole her cell phone.