• Friday: Mary Barnhart, Ottawa; Travis Elston, Pomona.
• Sunday: Megan Ewbank, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 2:52 p.m. Friday, 27 Canterbury Court, Cody Mason, 20, Ottawa, on City of Ottawa and Franklin County warrants.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:19 p.m. Friday, 4200 block of Kentucky Terrace, a 29-year-old Pomona woman reported she was punched in the face by a 26-year-old Ottawa man while attending a party. A criminal report has been forwarded to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office.
• 1:59 p.m. Friday, 3100 block of Douglas Road, a 65-year-old Richmond woman reported a laptop computer was broken in half during an altercation between two of her foster children.
• 7:26 p.m. Friday, 1800 block of Jackson Road, a 40-year-old Ottawa man reported several items were taken from his home.
• 12:48 a.m. Saturday, 1600 block of Labette Road, a 2012 Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Dakota Frack, 22, Pomona, was westbound in the 1600 block of Labette Road when Frack lost control of the motorcycle on loose gravel near the shoulder of the road and it crashed. Frack received minor scrapes but refused medical treatment at the scene, according to the sheriff’s report. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
• 4:40 a.m. Saturday, 3200 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2005 Dodge van driven by Ivan Lugo, 26, no address given, was traveling eastbound on I-35 at milepost 185 when it struck a concrete bridge and rolled multiple times. A 2008 Subaru Impreza driven by Betty Weidner, 50, Richmond, collided with Lugo’s vehicle after it came to rest. Lugo was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, for minor injuries. The damage to both vehicles was estimated at more than $1,000.
• 11:27 a.m. Saturday, 1800 block of Old U.S. 50, a 2009 Nissan Altima driven by Kristina Traylor, 46, Ottawa, was traveling southwest in the 1800 block of Old U.S. 50 when it struck a dog. The dog was not injured, according to its owner, Michael Austin, 57, Ottawa.
• 12:42 p.m. Saturday, Cloud and Louisiana roads, a 2008 Scion driven by Grace Bush, 76, Hagerstown, Md., was westbound in the 2200 block of Cloud Road when Bush lost control of the vehicle and it swerved and overturned. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
• 5:51 p.m. Saturday, Shawnee Road and Indiana Terrace, a 2001 Ford Explorer driven by Paul Springer, 60, Ottawa, was eastbound in 1800 block of Shawnee Road when it struck a deer. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
• 9:45 p.m. Sunday, U.S. 59 and Clark Road, a Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Terrence Malloy, 38, Lawrence, was northbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 9:43 a.m. Friday, 200 block of South Main Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her apartment and stole her medication.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
• Saturday: 200 block of Downey Street, civil matter; 300 block of West First Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Locust Street, suspicious subject.
• Sunday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:06 p.m. Friday, 2707 Kingman Road, authorized controlled burning.
• 11:28 a.m. Saturday, 2707 Kingman Road, authorized controlled burning.
• 4:20 p.m. Sunday, 819 S. Main St., firefighters investigated a possible natural gas leak.