Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, Shawnee and Ohio roads, Anthony Ohmes, 51, Baldwin City, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 7:07 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 Labette Road, Natalie Randolph, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and damage to property.
• 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, Douglas County Jail, Lawrence, Ranall Tyson, 54, Lawrence, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jennifer Ball, 32, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:27 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Main Street, Randell Crump, 40, Princeton, on a Bexar County, Texas, warrant.
• 2:19 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, Charity Schultz, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of burglary, theft and criminal damage to property.
• 7:19 p.m. Thursday, 2200 block of Princeton Street, Nicholas Burns, 26, Ottawa, on a Miami County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:51 p.m. Monday, 600 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 33-year-old Pomona woman reported someone shot a BB gun at a window on her house, causing her to lose a panel of glass worth about $15.
• 12:31 p.m. Monday, 600 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, a 42-year-old Pomona woman reported the theft of $80 in cash and several pieces of clothing from her residence. Estimated loss was $137.
• 6:47 a.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of Utah Road, a Franklin County Road and Bridge Department employee reported someone had taken rock from the roadway in the 3000 block of Utah Road. The estimated damage and loss was $3,100.
• 11:44 a.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a 21-year-old Casey’s employee reported someone drove off without paying $15.73 for a fuel purchase.
• 1:29 p.m. Wednesday, 2700 Kingman Road, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of a bumper, with an 8,000-pound capacity winch, from the front of a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado truck owned by Hanson’s Used Cars.
• 5:42 p.m. Wednesday, 4300 block of Montana Road, sheriff’s officers investigated a report of four hay bales set on fire, as well as three pieces of plywood and two cinder blocks stolen from the same property. Estimated loss was $210.
• 1:13 a.m. Tuesday, Pawnee Road and K-33, a 2012 Nissan Altima driven by Gary Ross, 44, Wellsville, was southbound on K-33 when it struck a deer.
• 6:33 p.m. Tuesday, U.S. 59 and John Brown Road, a 2003 Ford Mustang driven by David Oliver, 53, Paola, turned and struck a 1993 Ford Taurus driven by Sadi Engebretson, 22, Richmond, as the Taurus was traveling northbound on U.S. 59 at the intersection with John Brown Road. No injuries were reported.
• 6:34 p.m. Wednesday, Jackson and Colorado roads, a 2006 Ford Taurus driven by Teresa Yelland, 35, Quenemo, was traveling on Jackson Road when Yelland failed to yield and the Taurus struck a 1992 International driven by David Hirt, 68, Westphalia, which was traveling south on Colorado Road, according to a sheriff’s report. Hirt was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, with undisclosed injuries.
Police Department News
• 10:09 p.m. Thursday, Days Inn, 2209 Princeton St., a 24-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm herself.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with one medical call Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Thursday.