A kitchen fire caused about $15,000 damage to a mobile home and its contents Tuesday morning in north Ottawa, according to an Ottawa Fire Department report.

No one was injured in the fire at Lot No. 32 in the Cherrywoods Manufactured Home Community, 711 E. Garfield St., Ottawa.

“The fire was apparently caused by the gas stove accidentally being turned on and igniting material on the stove,” Jeff Carner, Ottawa fire chief, said.Ottawa firefighters responded to the scene about 10 a.m. Tuesday and quickly contained the blaze. Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison Township firefighters also provided mutual aid at the scene.

“Fire damage was contained to the immediate area of origin, with smoke damage more widely spread,” Carner said. “Occupants were home at the time and were alerted by activation of the smoke detectors and were able to escape the home without injuries.”