• Monday: Edna Lott, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:20 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., William Schmoe, 37, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:08 p.m. Monday, Fourth and Walnut streets, William Schmoe, 37, Ottawa, on two Franklin County warrants.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:30 p.m. Monday, U.S. 59 and Douglas Road, a 65-year-old Richmond woman reported her 14-year-old foster daughter had run away from home and was walking in the middle of U.S. 59, north of Douglas Road. Sheriff’s officers found the juvenile and arrested her on suspicion of disorderly conduct and a probation violation.
• 8:13 a.m. Monday, Patriots Bank, 114 E. Central St., Richmond, a Patriots Bank representative told sheriff’s officers someone broke into the bank during the weekend and stole money. Loss was estimated at $800.
• 12:49 p.m. Monday, Alabama and Labette terraces, a vehicle driven by Eric Keller, 18, Meriden, was westbound on Labette Terrace when Keller attempted to turn right on Alabama Terrace and lost control of the vehicle, which rolled into the southwest corner of the intersection, according to a sheriff’s report. Keller was not injured.
Police Department News
• 11:55 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of East 23rd Street, a 37-year-old Olathe man reported he was battered by known suspects.
• 10:28 a.m. Monday, 300 block of West Wilson Street, a 46-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged several vehicles and stole fuel.
• 1:54 p.m. Monday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 51-year-old store manager reported a known suspect stole merchandise.
• 11:50 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Oak Street, when Steven Reed, 46, Ottawa, opened the door of his work vehicle, a wind gust caused it to fling open wider, and it was struck by a vehicle driven by Brian McSwain, 19, Ottawa, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 100 block of Main Street, traffic control; 300 block of East Seventh Street, civil matter; 400 block of Main Street, civil matter.
• Saturday: 300 block of Locust Street, civil matter.
• Sunday: 400 block of Main Street, suspicious event; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:17 a.m. Friday, 812 S. Lincoln St., firefighters responded to an activated smoke detector. No fire was reported.
• 9:04 a.m. Monday, 831 S. Poplar St., authorized controlled burning.
• 2:28 p.m. Monday, 614 S. Oak St., authorized controlled burning.