• Friday: Jeffrey Church, Pomona; Steven Masingill, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Betty Prue, Richmond.
• Friday: Melinda Raleigh, Waverly.
• Saturday: Jeffrey Church, Pomona; Carolyn Hall, Quenemo; Steven Masingill, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 2:56 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of Lincoln Street, Lucas Simpkins, 33, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 7:46 a.m. Friday, 800 block of South Tremont Avenue, Karen Foltz, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 8:59 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Scott Myers, 51, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:22 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Willow Street, a 16–year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of being a runaway.
• 3:04 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Locust Street, Jacob Terry, 29, Pomona, on a City of Ottawa warrant and a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:13 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of North Cedar Street, Phillip Guyle Jr., 19, Pomona, on a Kansas Department of Corrections warrant.
• 11:33 p.m. Sunday, 300 block of North Main Street, Jay Rogers, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended, two City of Ottawa warrants and one Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:03 a.m. Sunday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone drove off without paying for $30.41 in fuel.
• 8:44 p.m. Sunday, Richmond Lake, 100 block of U.S. 59, a 43-year-old Richmond woman reported several items were stolen from her tent at Richmond Lake. Loss was estimated at $390.
• 6:56 p.m. Sunday, Dollar General, 409 W. Franklin St., Pomona, Sean Snethen, 45, Pomona, reported his vehicle was struck by an unknown vehicle in the store’s parking lot. Damage was estimated to be more than $1,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:30 a.m. Monday, 4000 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Norman Meiers, 55, Quenemo, was northbound on I-35 near milepost 193 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 1:40 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Locust Street, a 77-year-old Wellsville woman reported unknown suspects damaged her residence.
• 3:53 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Main Street, a 65-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects damaged her garage doors by shooting them with a shotgun.
• 10:47 a.m. Friday, 2100 block of South Elm Street, a 76-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his vehicle and stole items.
• 12:48 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Princeton Street, a 59-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects entered his garage and removed items.
• 7:20 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of West 17th Street, a 57-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects entered her apartment while she was sleeping and stole items.
• 8:11 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of North Poplar Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her residence and stole property.
• 9:14 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of West Seventh Street, a 2006 Ford car driven by Echo Howard, 28, Ottawa, struck the rear of a 2005 Pontiac car driven by Rhonda King, 51, Paola. Howard was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:42 a.m. Sunday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., investigated a report of a possible natural gas leak.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:11 p.m. Friday, 3900 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Wellsville firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 4:20 p.m. Friday, Oregon and John Brown roads, Cutler and Ohio firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 10:56 p.m. Friday, U.S. 59 and John Brown Road, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 2:55 p.m. Saturday, 3932 Eisenhower Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison and Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 3:44 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Ellis Terrace and U.S. 59, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Friday through Sunday.