LYNDON — The Osage County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in solving a string of burglaries and auto thefts in the county.
Nine vehicles have been stolen in the county in the past few months, according to a sheriff’s news release, which included:
• April 23 — 1989 Chevrolet truck, south of Burlingame.
• June 10 — Two ATVs, 149th Street and Urish Road.
• July 30 — 1996 Dodge Ram pickup, southeast of Burlingame.
• Aug. 11 — 1969 green Army truck, 149th Street and Urish Road.
• Aug. 22 — A vehicle was stolen east of Burlingame and recovered in Topeka.
• Aug. 31 — 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV, Paulen Road and U.S. 56.
• Sept. 3 — A vehicle was stolen from Scranton and recovered in Topeka.
• Sept. 6 — A red and white 1994 Ford F-250 truck, 144th Street and Topeka Avenue.
Residents are urged to report suspicious or unusual activity to the Osage County Sheriff’s office by calling 911 or (785) 828-3121.
People also can contact Osage Crimestoppers at (877) OS-CRIME with information about the thefts. The caller can remain anonymous. A reward of up to $1,000 can be paid for information leading to the arrests or conviction of persons responsible for crimes, according to the sheriff’s news release.
The sheriff’s office also reminds residents to take their keys and valuables out of their vehicles and lock them, the release said.