Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 2:49 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, Michael Slifer, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 4:44 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Tracy Presgrove, 31, Lawrence, City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:23 p.m. Wednesday, 1600 block of Osage Drive, Natalie Hankins, 26, Gardner, Franklin County warrant.
Police Department News
• 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of North Poplar Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported his child was bitten by a stray cat.
• 8:25 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Poplar Street, a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known man.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:43 a.m. Wednesday, 500 S. Sycamore St., rupture of a gas line. Ottawa Fire Chief Jeff Carner said it appeared the small diameter gas service line had developed a leak over the course of time, and it was releasing natural gas. He said firefighters stood by briefly until Kansas Gas Service personnel arrived and took control of the incident.
• 11:48 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 S. Eisenhower Ave., responded to a report of a downed power line.
• 7:14 p.m. Wednesday, 904 N. Oak St., investigated smoke odor. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 10:12 a.m. Wednesday, 4017 Texas Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison Township and Wellsville, structure fire.
• 8:37 a.m. Wednesday, 3300 K-68, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison Township, fire alarm. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with one medical call Wednesday.