• Saturday: Renee Edgecomb, Ottawa.
• Friday: Lois Hawley, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Renee Edgecomb, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Baby boy, 8 pounds, 8 ounces, to Renee and Matthew Edgecomb, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:14 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jessica Currant, 26, Ottawa, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
• 7:39 p.m. Sunday, 3700 block of Rock Creek Terrace, Cadi Thornberg, 21, Rantoul, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:11 p.m. Friday, milepost 183 on I-35 at Ottawa, Edwin Rand II, 24, Lancaster, Texas, on suspicion of driving with an expired driver’s license, possession of paraphernalia and no proof of liability insurance.
• 11:40 p.m. Friday, milepost 183 on I-35 at Ottawa, Bradley Hammock, 32, Independence, Mo., on suspicion of driving under the influence, possession of paraphernalia and driving on a suspended driver’s license.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:52 a.m. Saturday, 2100 block of Oregon Road, a 47-year-old woman reported a 16-year-old boy damaged one of the family’s vehicles by kicking it, the report said.
• 2:34 p.m. Friday, Kingdom Hall, 3100 block of K-68, a 71-year-old Ottawa man reported an air conditioning unit stolen from the back of the church. Loss was estimated at $1,100.
• 1:44 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Kansas Avenue, a 26-year-old Lane woman called to report her mail had been opened, and someone stole a charm she had ordered from eBay. Loss was estimated at $25.
• 1:28 a.m. Sunday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, a 24-year-old Rantoul man reported someone stole $600 from his wallet, which was located inside his vehicle.
Police Department News
• 7:36 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Main Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported his 13-year-old daughter was battered by a known 13-year-old Ottawa girl.
• 7:29 p.m. Sunday, 900 block of South Lincoln Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa man and a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported they were battered by each other.
• 1:01 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of South Main Street, a 56-year-old Princeton man reported an unknown suspect entered his locked vehicle and stole items.
• 9:47 a.m. Sunday, Town and Country Church of Christ, 515 N. Main St., a 47-year-old Quenemo man reported an unknown suspect stole the church’s air conditioner unit.
• 5:43 a.m. Saturday, 1500 block of South Twyman Street, a vehicle driven by Barbara McCurdy, 59, Ottawa, struck an illegally parked trucked owned by John Newhouse, 41, Wellsville, according to a police report. McCurdy was cited for inattentive driving, according to the report. No injures were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Main Street, juvenile complaint; 900 block of East Ninth Terrace, burglary report; 200 block of Elm Street, medical call.
• Saturday: 700 block of Maple Street, two burglary reports.
• Sunday: 100 block of Maple Street, alarm call; 300 block of East Seventh Street, recovered property.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:55 a.m. Saturday, 226 S. Beech St., firefighters responded to an activated smoke alarm. No fire reported.
• 9:47 a.m. Saturday, 1402 S. Main St., firefighters responded to an activated smoke alarm. No fire reported.
• 5:49 a.m. Sunday, Willow Lane and South Twyman Street, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Friday through Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 12:43 p.m. Friday, 4368 I-35, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 1:17 a.m. Saturday, Labette and Louisiana roads, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a downed power line.
• 12:17 p.m. Saturday, 3201 Labette Terrace, LOH firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire reported.
• 5:49 a.m. Sunday, 4368 I-35, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.