• Tuesday: Karen Fiebiger, Osage City.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 5:20 p.m. Saturday, K-68 and Virginia Road, Mark Page, 52, Versailles, Mo., on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container. Page was stopped for an equipment violation after being reported as an erratic driver, nearly hitting four vehicles head on, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:47 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of West Second Street, Cheney D. Ledom, 55, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:38 p.m. Friday, Thomas Road and Nebraska Terrace, a 64-year-old Baldwin City man reported unknown suspects had driven four-wheelers through his alfalfa field, causing an estimated $1,000 in damage. A 53-year-old Wellsville woman also reported damage in her alfalfa field across the road. The estimated damage to that field was $400.
• 11:31 a.m. Friday, 2300 block of Nebraska Road, a 62-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects tried to cut the copper tubing from the back of the air conditioner unit at his house. The entire unit had to be replaced to fix the damage, which was estimated at $3,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:20 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of Barnes Avenue, a 70-year-old Pomona man reported a basement window at the Centropolis Christian Church was broken out. No items from inside of the church were missing, according to a sheriff’s report. Damage was estimated at $100.
• 1:13 a.m. Sunday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, sheriff’s officers responded to the Super 8 Motel, where a 23-year-old Ottawa woman advised her fiance, a 27-year-old Ottawa man, had punched the windshield of her vehicle, causing it to crack, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 1:55 a.m. Saturday, Iowa and Stafford roads, a 1994 Dodge Dakota driven by James Elston, 37, Lawrence, was traveling east on Stafford Road when the vehicle left the roadway and rolled on to its top. Elston was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, with undisclosed injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:34 a.m. Tuesday, 2600 block of U.S. 59 and South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Ellyn Owen, 72, Baldwin City, failed to yield at a stop sign and struck a vehicle driven by Richard Provance, 20, Eudora. No one was injured, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: K-33 and Woodson Road, assist outside agency with animal complaint; 400 block of East Third Street, animal complaint; 100 block of Walnut street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, 911 hang up; K-33 and I-35, public assist; 300 block of West Third Street, criminal damage to property.
• Saturday: 500 block of Main Street, public assist; Vermont and Stafford roads, assist outside agency.
• Sunday: 800 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Monday: 700 block of Polar Street, public assist; 300 block of Main Street, burglary/theft report; 200 block of Edgewood, suspicious activity; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 400 block of East Fourth Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, burglary report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, U.S. 59 and South Princeton Street, firefighters responded to the scene of a two-vehicle wreck. No one was injured.
• 10:50 a.m. Tuesday, 1550 S. Cedar St., smoke detector activated. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Monday and Tuesday.