• Wednesday: Benjamin Winans, Overbrook.
• Thursday: John Knudson, Sedro Woolley, Wash.
• Wednesday: Bobby Saile, Baldwin City.
• Benjamin Winans, Overbrook.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shanna Jo Johnson, 19, Princeton, on two Franklin County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:05 a.m. Wednesday, milepost 183 on I-35 at Ottawa, Hazel Logan, 50, Leavenworth, on suspicion of driving with an expired driver’s license.
• 6:29 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Hickory Street, Cai Yeager, 22, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:01 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 305 S. Main St., a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 35-year-old Ottawa man violated a protection order.
• 9:53 a.m. Wednesday, 3500 block of U.S. 59, a 24-year-old woman reported someone stole property and diesel fuel from a Kenworth tractor-trailer while it was parked at T-Bones Trucking, 3557 U.S. 59. Total loss was estimated at $270.
• 3:25 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Idaho Road, a 41-year-old Williamsburg man reported an unknown suspect stole property from his home.
• 4:06 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 1979 Chevrolet truck driven by Charles Broyles, 69, Waverly, was southbound on I-35 when a 2000 Chevrolet Lumina driven by Bradley Lendo, 23, Emporia, crashed into the rear bumper of Broyles’ vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 2:21 a.m. Thursday, milepost 169 of I-35 in Franklin County, a 1997 Saturn driven by Joe Martin, 50, El Dorado, struck a coyote.
Police Department News
• 4 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of South Oak Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 12-year-old son ran away from home.
• 2:13 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of West Second Street, a vehicle driven by Nicholas Devaul, 23, Ottawa, backed into a vehicle driven by Nichole Erickson, 26, Ottawa. Devaul was cited for limitations on backing, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 700 block of Main Street, three public assists; Vermont Terrace and Meadow Lane, injury accident; 1000 block of Poplar Street, civil matter; 300 block Pendleton Court, unsecured building.
• Thursday: 700 block of Main Street, two public assists.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:09 a.m. Thursday, 221 W. 17th St., firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm system. No fire was reported.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls.