Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 5:39 p.m. Monday, Westwood Circle, Charles Bradley Grissom, 23, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants for probation violations.
• 2:27 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Kalven Hesse, 19, Osawatomie, on suspicion of aggravated assault.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:40 a.m. Monday, Haskell and Oregon roads, Franklin County Public Works Department reported the theft of six tons of gravel from the 3700 block of Haskell Road.
• 1:13 p.m. Monday, 2200 block of Eisenhower Road, a 2008 Ford F-350 driven by Kirk Anderson, 25, Williamsburg, was southbound on Eisenhower Road when it struck a tractor driven by Dale Dieterich Jr., 64, Ottawa. The tractor was mowing the ditch at 2282 Eisenhower Road.
• 5:22 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Louisiana Road, a 1989 Chevy S-10 pickup driven by an unknown person was traveling south on Louisiana Road when the vehicle entered the west ditch and rolled over, coming to rest on its tires in the middle of the road. The driver fled the scene and had not been located, according to the sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 11:25 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of South Cedar Street, police officers investigated an unattended death. A 78-year-old Ottawa woman died of natural causes, according to a police report.
• 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Cherry Street, Mark Baber, 30, Ottawa, was cited and released for driving with a suspended license.
• 5:16 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Cherry Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his residence and stole money.
• 6:03 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Cherry Street, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his residence and stole several items.
• 8:39 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Osage Drive, a 25-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole items from his property.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 400 Block Main Street, civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters assisted with one medical call Tuesday.