Invitations to the First Year Experience (FYE) Scholars ceremony and related events recently were sent to 549 Ichabods, including several from the Ottawa area. The scholars and their families are invited to partake in an afternoon and evening of celebration Feb. 5 on the Washburn campus.
“The hardest semester any student will face is the first semester. Transition from high school to university can be very difficult,” Alan Bearman, dean of university libraries at Washburn University, said.
Local students being recognized as FYE Scholars include:
• Baldwin City — Kaitlyn Christie, social work; Radie Keller, Kinesiology; and Audrey Osborn, nursing.
• Garnett — Carolyn Hermreck, nursing.
• McLouth — Tristian Crowell, nursing.
• Osage City — Emma Schemm, nursing.
• Pomona — Whitney Earnest, history; and Sierra Miller, nursing.
• Richmond — Katelyn Meldahl, psychology.
• Tecumseh — McKenzie Brunner, undeclared; Meghan Budt, nursing; Zachary Macke, kinesiology; Shaun Sanchez, undeclared; Casie Spangler, history.
• Wellsville — Mikayla Douglas, mass media; and William Qualls, psychology.