Numerous Calvary Baptist Academy students recently participated in at a competition in Bible, fine arts and academics at Independence, Mo., winning first place for highest percentage in elementary academic and secondary Bible competition. The percentage award goes to the school with the best performance in relation to school size.
Calvary Baptist Academy, 925 W. Seventh St., Ottawa, competed amongst 25 other church schools and home school cooperatives from seven states.
The following elementary students were recognized:
• Riley Edgecomb — second in sacred piano duet.
• Wayne Laurie — second in woodworking.
• Justin Rickard — first in social studies and English; second in classical piano and science; and third in math.
• Leeanne Starr — second in sacred piano duet.
• Ashley Edgecomb — first in oral interpretation of Scripture and expository writing; second in English.
• Ashley Rumford — first in sacred piano duo; third in textiles.
• Haylee Rumford — first in sacred piano duo.
• Graceanne Starr — first in piano hymnplaying.
• Thomas Starr — first in topical preaching, male vocal solo.
• Luke Stewart — second in evangelistic preaching (sr. high), mathematics; and third in expository preaching.
• Noah Stewart — second in topical preaching.
At the senior high level, the following students were recognized:
• Joseph Starr — first in expository preaching; second in male vocal solo, New Testament knowledge; third in topical preaching.
• David Stewart — third in U.S. history/geography.