More than 700 Kansas youths exhibited 1,453 head of livestock at the show, which proved to be stiff competition for auction premiums and scholarships. The show is sponsored by the Kansas Livestock Association, Kansas State University and the Agri-Business Council of Wichita.
Those participating locally include the folowing:
• Ashlynn Brockus, Princeton — First in Class 15, Crossbred Market Steer.
• Alex Cannady, Ottawa — Fifth in Class 7, Hampshire Market Barrow; fifth in Class 8, Light AOB Gilt; sixth in Class 5, Duroc Market Barrow.
• Megan Davis, Princeton — Champion Light AOB Gilt; Champion Light AOB Market Barrow.
• Tristan Davis, Princeton — Third in Class 4, Hampshire Gilt; Sixth in Class 20, Dark Crossbred Market Barrow; Champion Yorkshire Market Barrow.
• Wade Davis, Princeton — First in Class 7, Yorkshire Gilt; Second in Class 10, Yorkshire Market Barrow; Seventh in Class 23, Light Crossbred Market Barrow.
• Cade Hibdon, Princeton — First in Class 10, Meat Goat; Fifth in Class 14, Crossbred Market Lamb; Sixth in Class 16, Meat Goat; Sixth in Class 19, Commercial Ewe Lamb; Sixth in Class 6, Hamspshire Market Barrow; Seventh in Class 24, Light Crossbred Market Barrow; Reserve Champion Commercial Ewe.
• Cierra Jensen, Pomona — 13th in Class 22, Light Crossbred Market Barrow.
• Jake Stroman, Williamsburg — Ninth in Class 22, Light Crossbred Market Barrow.
• Cody Webb, Pomona — First in Class 16, Shorthorn Breeding Heifer; Third in Class 18, Shorthorn Breeding Heifer.
• Tyler Webb, Pomona — Third in Class 23, Shorthorn Plus Breeding Heifer.