• Monday: Judith Reynolds, Ottawa.
• Monday: Karen Fiebiger, Osage City.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 2:52 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Main Street, Jose Acosta, 39, Independence, Mo., was transported from a Johnson County jail to Franklin County on a Franklin County warrant.
• 4:28 p.m. Tuesday, 3300 block of Iowa Terrace, Benjamin Holland, 34, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:36 a.m. Monday, 2600 block of Hamilton Road, a 29-year-old Princeton woman reported an unknown suspect damaged the passenger-side window of her car. Damage was estimated at $300.
• 7:33 p.m. Monday, 4500 block of U.S. 59, Teresa M. Bayne, 50, Williamsburg, was driving a 1999 white Dodge Ram van southbound on U.S. 59 at Stafford Road when the vehicle hit a patch of ice and sideswiped a 2005 green Chrysler Town and Country driven by Gaylord A. Long, 70, McPherson. Both vehicles suffered functional damage estimated at more than $1,000. No injuries were reported.
• 8:23 p.m. Monday, 1350 block of I-35, Taquera Walker, 20, Emporia, was traveling southbound on I-35 at mile marker 168 when she hit a slick spot on a bridge. Walker lost control of her 2001 Isuzu Rodeo, slid into the median and struck the southbound guardrail. Damage is estimated at more than $1,000.
• 9:58 p.m. Monday, Old U.S. 59 and Riley Road, a 2002 Chevrolet Trail Blazer, driven by Robert Layton, 35, Baldwin City, was traveling northbound in the 3900 block of Old U.S. 59, when it hit a slick spot in the road. Layton lost control of the vehicle and slid into the west ditch, causing the vehicle to overturn. Layton’s wife, Kelly Layton, 34, Baldwin City, had a possible head injury, and was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital. Layton’s two children, who were also passengers, were not injured, according to the report. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
7:25 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Eisenhower Road, a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, driven by Hollie A. New, 18, Ottawa, was traveling northbound in the 2400 block of Eisenhower Road when it hit a patch of ice, slid into the west embankment and overturned onto its side. No injuries were reported in the incident, according to reports. The vehicle suffered disabling damage estimated at more than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Mulberry Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making comments about harming himself.
• 12:36 a.m. Tuesday, 1300 block of Twyman Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 17-year-old son had run away from home.
• 7:49 a.m. Monday, Kansas City Power and Light, 2529 Eisenhower Avenue, a 47-year-old Shawnee man reported unknown suspects stole items from the company’s storage yard.
• 3:53 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South Poplar Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her locked residence and stole items.
• 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton Street, a 24-year-old Walmart employee reported a Nov. 24, 2012, past theft.
• 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton Street, a 24-year-old Walmart employee reported a Dec. 4, 2012, past theft.
• Noon Monday, 500 block of South Locust Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck his garage.
• 10:17 p.m. Monday, 600 block of North Mulberry Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect struck three parked cars with a vehicle and then left the area on foot.
• 7:04 p.m. Monday, 300 block of West Keokuk Street, James Finch, 18, Ottawa, lost control of his vehicle and struck a vehicle driven by Wendi Weekly, 41, Olathe.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, officers responded to a gas leak.
• Tuesday: 900 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, Wellsville Fire Department responded to a gas leak.
• Tuesday: No calls for service.
• Wednesday: 200 block of Prairie Street Terrace, Ohio Fire Department responded to a fire alarm. Firefighters responded to three medical calls Wednesday.