• Tuesday: Betty Barrett, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Patricia Sullivan, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Joanne Arb, Melvern; Melannie Purl, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Teresa Ciancio, Ottawa.
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 12:39 a.m. Wednesday, 900 block of West Sixth Street, Lane, Amy Timblin, 38, Lane, on suspicion of criminal damage to property during a domestic incident.
• 7:15 a.m. Thursday, 400 block of West Third Street, Michael Steven Shaw, 27, Ottawa, on a Johnson County civil warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:01 a.m. Wednesday, 900 block of Lincoln Street, James Dougherty, 42, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while his license was suspended after being stopped for traffic violations.
• 12:52 a.m. Friday, 100 block of North Main Street, April Smith, 36, Pomona, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, no insurance and an illegal tag.
• 1:21 a.m. Friday, 900 block of North Main Street, Rusty Freeman, 40, Quenemo, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:44 p.m. Tuesday, 1551 Virginia Terrace, a 79-year-old Osawatomie man was found dead in his home of apparent natural causes.
• 2:50 a.m. Friday, 3700 block of Haskell Road, a 41-year-old Princeton woman reported hearing people running around her house and voices, but no suspects were located, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 1:09 p.m. Thursday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a 27-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect in a silver passenger car drove away without paying for $11.21 in unleaded fuel.
• 7 a.m. Tuesday, Utah and Thomas roads, a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria driven by Brandon Early, 24, Wellsville, was traveling in the 4300 block of Thomas Road when Early lost control of the vehicle, which left the road and struck a tree. No one was injured.
• 6:09 p.m. Tuesday, K-68 and Georgia Road, a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Richard Swarts, 64, Osage City, was traveling east on K-68 when it struck a deer. No one was injured.
Police Department News
• 11:10 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of North Cherry Street, Hayley Rooker, 22, Ottawa, and Daniel Bunting, 26, Ottawa, both were issued notices to appear in court on suspicion of disorderly conduct after they were involved in a dispute.
• 10:54 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Cedar Street, a 14-year-old Ottawa boy was taken into protective custody after attempting to harm himself, according to a police report.
• 9:53 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of East Fourth Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole items from his yard.
• 7:54 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of South Cypress Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported someone damaged items on his vehicle and stole items from his vehicle.
• 5:07 a.m. Friday, 1600 block of South Main Street, a 47-year-old Lawrence woman reported her vehicle and other items were stolen by a known suspect.
• 12:42 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by an unidentified 17-year-old Richmond boy struck the back of a vehicle driven by Jennifer Wolzen, 34, Ottawa. The 17-year-old driver was cited for following too closely. No one was injured.
• 4:17 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of East Logan Street, a vehicle driven by Blaine Stewart, 58, Ottawa, backed into a vehicle driven by Diana Manheim, 51, Ottawa. Stewart was cited for limitations on backing.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 800 block of Main Street, medical call.
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 500 block of East Third Street, civil matter; 500 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, 2250 S. Elm St., firefighters assisted an invalid.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Tuesday through Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 10:11 a.m. Dec. 26, 1675 Tennessee Terrace, Cutler firefighters, generator test.
• 6:50 a.m. Tuesday, 2616 Reno Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 9:24 p.m. Tuesday, 1625 Jackson Road, Williamsburg and LOH firefighters investigated a gas smell.
• 11:10 p.m. Tuesday, 2725 Rock Creek Road, LOH firefighters investigated a gas smell.
• 5:05 p.m. Thursday, 1152 Jackson Road, fire alarm activated. No fire reported.
• Firefighters responded to 25 medical calls Dec. 20 through Wednesday.