• Wednesday: Catherine Spooner, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Aimee Black, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Jeffrey Lantis, Quenemo.
• Thursday: Melba Fowler, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
• 9:12 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of North Center Avenue, Williamsburg, Brittany Miller, 21, Williamsburg, on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal damage to property.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of West Second Street, Shawna Reed, 20, Mound City, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:26 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Maple Street, a 17-year-old male juvenile, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• 10:30 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of West Second Street, Melvin Mason, 44, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:27 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, Alana Hibbs, 29, Ottawa, on a Douglas County warrant.
• 1:41 a.m. Friday, 1200 block of South Main Street, Robert L. Sodders, 55, New Century, Kan., on suspicion of domestic battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:38 a.m. Wednesday, Church of Christ, 2264 U.S. 59, Ottawa, the pastor reported someone broke the glass out of a church door to gain entry, but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage to the door was estimated at $300.
• 4:50 p.m. Thursday, 2400 block of Georgia Road, a 20-year-old Ottawa man reported he was struck by his 21-year-old wife, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:51 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Louisiana Road, a 1992 Ford Ranger driven by James Macy, 19, Ottawa, left the road and struck a culvert warning sign and a bridge. No injuries were reported.
• 6:29 p.m. Thursday, Idaho and Jackson roads, a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban driven by Aaron Mayo, 36, Williamsburg, was traveling south on Idaho Road near the intersection with Jackson Road when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported. A deer salvage tag was issued.
Police Department News
• 9:42 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Main Street, a 71-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged a door.
• 11:40 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of North Poplar Street, a 78-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his property.
• 4:34 p.m. Thursday, 1000 block of North Poplar Street, a 74-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his property.
• 8:17 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of North Birch Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her property.
• 10:26 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of West Wilson Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects damaged several RVs and stole property from them.
• 1:42 p.m. Wednesday, Carswell Automotive, 2146 S. Elm St., Ottawa, a 67-year-old Williamsburg man reported someone had damaged his vehicle and stole items out of it.
• 5:51 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Maple Street, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked vehicle and stole property.
• 6:04 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of West Wilson Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his building and stole property.
• 11:05 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of South Willow Street, a vehicle driven by Charles Hendrickson, 79, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Derek Dix, 19, Ottawa. Hendrickson was cited with disobeying a stop sign, according to a police report.
• 8:36 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Rebecca Hicks, 57, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Tammy Dearoff, 39, Ottawa. Hicks was cited with disobeying a traffic signal and inattentive driving, and Dearoff was cited for no insurance, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 100 block of West Sixth Street, private property accident report; 600 block of Meadow Brook Court, criminal damage to property; 300 block of West Seventh Street, suspicious activity.
• Thursday: 300 block of East Second Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, armed disturbance; 500 block of East Seventh Street, juvenile complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:57 p.m. Wednesday, 224 W. Wilson St., firefighters investigated a report of a gas leak.
• 6:44 p.m. Wednesday, 331 E. 11th St., activated smoke alarm. No fire reported.
• 1:40 a.m. Thursday, 1022 S. Cedar St., firefighters investigated a report of an activated carbon monoxide detector in a residence. Firefighters checked the home with a gas detector, and no carbon monoxide was found.
• 11:35 a.m. Thursday, 315 E. 12th St., firefighters responded to a natural gas leak.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:36 p.m. Wednesday, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, Pomona firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Thursday.