Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:49 a.m. Friday, 600 block of South Mulberry Street, Sean Hull, 26, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:46 a.m. Friday, 300 block of South Main Street, Kaleb O’Donnell, 22, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 12:14 p.m. Friday, 100 block of North McGinnis Avenue, Christopher Stephenson, 31, Rantoul, on two Franklin County warrants.
• 12:04 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shaun Melte, 26, Osawatomie, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 12:16 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of North Main Street, Jerry Spurlock Jr., 46, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:46 a.m. Saturday, 15th Street and Montana Road, Alexander Kingsolver, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license and no proof of liability insurance.
• 12:21 p.m. Saturday, Days Inn, 2209 Princeton Street, Michael Paterson, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a 23-year-old Ottawa woman, according to a police report.
• 2:40 a.m. Monday, 100 block of East First Street, Jacob Michael Burke, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and no proof of liability insurance after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:17 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Elm Street, a 49-year-old Rantoul man reported an unknown suspect stole his 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac from his residence. The vehicle and its contents were valued at $5,800.
• 3:47 p.m. Saturday, 4100 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 1994 Ford Tempo driven by Shela Chilton, 46, Ottawa, was southbound in the 4100 block of I-35 near milepost 195 when she attempted to pass a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 driven by Dennis Kane, 67, Pomona, in the left lane. Kane’s vehicle entered Chilton’s lane and struck the right rear end of her vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. No one was injured, the report said.
• 2:21 a.m. Sunday, K-68 and Idaho Road, a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Jeremy Slavens, 22, Pomona, was eastbound in the 1400 block of K-68 when he lost control of the vehicle due to slick road conditions and it struck a guardrail and went into the north ditch. Slavens was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:51 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Mulberry Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her vehicle.
• 10:49 a.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Elm Street, a 62-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of an item from her vehicle.
• 7:54 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Locust Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of an item from his vehicle.
• 8:15 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Locust Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of an item from his vehicle.
• 3:47 p.m. Friday, 100 block of East Third Street, a vehicle driven by Floyd Turner, 60, Ottawa, backed into a vehicle driven by Rebecca Newton, 48, Ottawa.
• 1:08 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Juleah Manis, 17, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Rebecca Garcia, 78, Ottawa. Manis was cited for disobeying a traffic control signal.
• 2:33 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Tracy Blocker, 32, Topeka, struck a vehicle driven by Taylor Sanders, 19, Baldwin City.
• 4:55 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of North Davis Street, a vehicle driven by David Jolley, 45, Wellsville, struck a road sign owned by the City of Ottawa. Jolley was cited for driving too fast for the prevailing conditions.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:29 a.m. Friday, 710 S. Oak St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 6:58 a.m. Friday, 415 E. Dundee St., fire alarm activated. No fire reported.
• 10:04 a.m. Saturday, 429 W. 19th St., authorized controlled burning.
• 8:48 p.m. Saturday, 2250 S. Elm St., assisted an invalid.
• 5:20 a.m. Sunday, 205 E. 23rd St., smoke odor. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 13 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Friday through Sunday.