• Monday: Aimee Black, Ottawa; Judith Reynolds, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:58 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Lloyd Hamic II, 22, Ottawa, on two Franklin County warrants.
• 2:03 a.m. Saturday, I-35 and U.S. 59, Kyle Bledsoe, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• 11:33 a.m. Saturday, 2300 block of Riley Road, Troy D. LaMonda, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery, unlawful criminal restraint, felony criminal damage to property, obstruction and battery on a law enforcement officer.
• 6:44 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, Robert Krout, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license.
• 8:26 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of South Osage Drive, Lacy J. Michael, 25, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:24 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Elm Street, Phillip C. Hoehn, 45, Rantoul, City of Osawatomie warrant.
• 5:07 p.m. Tuesday, Texas and Stafford roads, Mason Mullen, 24, Wellsville, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:49 p.m. Monday, East 15th and South Cedar streets, David Cook, 54, Ottawa, on suspicion of duty to give information and render aid, duty to report an accident and disobeying a stop sign in connection with a pedestrian hit-and-run incident. Cook was cited and released. The victim, Hannah Thomas, 18, Ottawa, declined medical attention at the scene.
• 10:17 p.m. Monday, 1600 block of South Main Street, Crystal Boehm, 34, Osawatomie, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• 7:13 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of South Elm Street, Christopher Davis, 25, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:52 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of Prairie Street Terrace, a couple reported they returned home to find a basement window had been kicked out. The couple said they did not think anything had been stolen, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:23 a.m. Friday, 500 block of East Second Street, Pomona, a 32-year-old Pomona man reported criminal use of a financial card. Estimated loss was $45.78.
• 6:18 p.m. Friday, 800 block of Shawnee Road, a 50-year-old Pomona woman reported someone broke into her home while she was on vacation and took cash. A door also was damaged. Estimated loss was $150.
• 8:46 a.m. Tuesday, 3100 block of K-68, a 31-year-old Ottawa woman reported she bought fraudulent University of Kansas basketball tickets off Craigslist. Total loss was $180.
• 5:02 p.m. Friday, 2600 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2005 Hyundi Sonata driven by Suzanne Schlemeier, 46, O’Fallon, Mo,, was attempting to turn south after exiting I-35 at U.S. 59 when it was struck from behind by a 2010 Kenworth tractor-trailer driven by Darrell Weeks, 49, Meeker, Okla. No injuries were reported.
• 8:45 p.m. Friday, Thomas and Tennessee roads, a 1997 Crown Victoria driven by Dalton Lamay, 22, Ottawa, left the roadway, because of icy conditions, and struck a tree, according to a sheriff’s report. A passenger in the vehicle, Kaiden Lamay, 2, was transported to a Kansas City area hospital with a possible head injury, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:56 p.m. Saturday, 4000 block of Old U.S. 59, a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire driven by Mary Clippinger, 23, Baldwin City, was traveling northbound in the 4000 block of Old U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 7:57 p.m. Saturday, Louisiana and Osborne terraces, a 2002 Ford F-350 truck driven by Rocky Woods, 60, Ottawa, was traveling north on Louisiana Terrace when it stalled on a railroad crossing. Woods began walking to a neighbor’s house to get assistance when a southbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe train struck the truck. No one was injured on the train or the ground. The truck was a total loss, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 1:42 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of South Elm Street, a 59-year-old Ottawa man reported he was bitten by a dog. The dog’s owner, Christopher Davis, 25, Ottawa, later was arrested on suspicion of keeping a vicious dog. Davis was released on a notice to appear in court, according to a police report.
• 11 p.m. Tuesday, 1300 block of South Twyman Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was threatened by a 17-year-old Ottawa male juvenile.
• Monday, no time given, 900 block of North Cherry Street, a 65-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole property.
• 10:44 a.m. Monday, 600 block of South Sycamore Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her home and stole property.
• 7:25 p.m. Monday, 300 block of North Hickory Street, a tractor-trailer driven by Thomas Gatewood, 32, St. Louis, Mo., was turning southbound onto North Hickory Street when it struck a utility pole.
• 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1120 S. Ash St., Hannah Thomas, 18, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect struck her car in the Ottawa High School parking lot and left the scene.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity/possible theft; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 400 block of Pine Street, disturbance; 1000 block of Poplar Street, alarm call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:53 p.m. Monday, East 15th and South Cedar streets, firefighters responded to the scene of a pedestrian hit-and-run incident.
• 5:06 p.m. Monday, 1527 S. Twyman St., sprinkler activation. No fire reported.
• 7:54 a.m. Tuesday, 513 W. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• 10:36 a.m. Tuesday, 434 S. Walnut St., firefighters investigated a report of a gas odor. No evidence of a gas leak was discovered.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 7:54 a.m. Monday, 513 W. Wilson St., Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison Fire Department granted a permission to burn request.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Monday and Tuesday.