• Friday: Donna Malburg, Ottawa; Gary Wallace, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Sheri Geschke, Ottawa; Penny Miles, Ottawa.
• Friday: Betty Barrett, Ottawa; Stephen Branson, Ottawa; Priscilla Weatherbee, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Patricia Sullivan, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Sheri Geschke, Ottawa; Donna Malburg, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 3:24 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Derek Dorsey, 31, Osage City, on two Shawnee County civil warrants and one Franklin County civil warrant.
• 10:08 p.m. Tuesday, Miami County Jail, Paola, Bryan Troxel, 28, Osawatomie, on a Franklin County warrant. Troxel was transported to the Franklin County Jail.
• 1:59 a.m. Wednesday, 2324 E. Logan St., Barbara Nash, 51, Centerville, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia following a stop for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:53 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Michael Powell, 55, Quenemo, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:01 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of North Main Street, Sean Hull, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while his license was suspended.
• 8:25 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Sean Hull, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of shoplifting.
• 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, 15th Street and Montana Road, Michael Ottman, 24, Topeka, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia after a traffic stop.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:27 p.m. Tuesday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a 56-year-old Emporia man reported the unlawful use of his stolen bank card at Casey’s General Store in Pomona, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, Haskell and Idaho roads, a West Franklin school district bus driven by Ople Adams, 78, attempted to make a left turn onto Idaho Road and struck a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze driven by Stephen Sahl, 59, Williamsburg, which was stopped in the roadway waiting for the bus to make the turn, according to a sheriff’s report. Adams and the students on the bus were not injured, and Sahl received a minor hand injury, the sheriff’s report said.
• 5:25 p.m. Tuesday, 3500 block of Marshall Road, a vehicle driven by Alberto Diaz, 52, Ottawa, was traveling southwest in the 3500 block of Marshall Road when he lost control of the vehicle on the slick road and it struck a tree.
• 5:52 p.m. Tuesday, Tennessee Road and K-68, a 2013 Ford F-150 driven by Christopher Vertin, 41, Ottawa, was southbound in the 3400 block of Tennessee Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 11:15 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of North Main Street, a 60-year-old woman reported someone broke into her storage unit and stole items.
• 1:14 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South Locust Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole her bicycle.
• 7:28 p.m. Monday, 1600 block of Hickory Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect removed items from her vehicle.
• 12:31 p.m. Monday, 400 block of West 19th Street, a vehicle driven by Mark D’Augereau, 50, Ottawa, slid off the roadway and struck a utility pole. D’Augereau was not injured.
• 1:02 p.m. Monday, 700 block of South Locust Street, a vehicle driven by Joseph Capell, 24, Ottawa, backed out in front of a vehicle driven by Kelly McDaniels, 55, Ottawa. Capell was cited for limitations on backing. No one was injured.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 100 block of Main Street, unattended death; 600 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Downey Drive, assist other agency.
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Hunt Avenue, traffic control.
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, animal complaint.
• Tuesday: 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, suicidal subject.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:20 a.m. Monday, 205 E. 23rd St., firefighters investigated a smoke odor.
• 10:55 a.m. Monday, 128 S. Maple St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 5:31 p.m. Monday, 1004 S. Olive St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 2:38 p.m. Tuesday, 832 S. Oak St., sprinkler activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:22 p.m. Monday, 3351 K-33, Cutler, Richmond, Wellsville and Pottawatomie firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Tuesday.