• Thursday: Kelly Ball, Welda; Tom Martin, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Baby girl, 8 pounds, 3 ounces, to Kelly and Jeremy Ball, Welda.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:19 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Alec Dewitte, 24, Lenexa, on a Franklin County warrant for a probation violation.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:05 p.m. Wednesday, 4700 Indiana Road, a rural Franklin County man said he found a pellet gun in a hay field that he previously had reported stolen. The pellet gun was recovered and was to be sent to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation for fingerprint testing.
• 9 p.m. Wednesday, Jackson and Colorado roads, a deputy responded to the Homewood exit on I-35 to assist Franklin County EMS personnel with a medical call involving a 16-year-old subject who was having difficulty breathing.
• 2:30 p.m. Thursday, 4200 block of Arkansas Road, a 47-year-old Pomona woman reported someone broke into a house she owns and damaged a door.
• 7:15 p.m. Thursday, Virginia Road and K-68, a 2007 Kia Sedona driven by David Goss, 47, Olathe, was southbound in the 3200 block of Virginia Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 2:12 p.m. Thursday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Christina Briggs, 57, Ottawa, was cited on suspicion of battery.
• 8:52 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of North Hickory Street, two men, ages 28 and 27, reported being battered by unknown suspects.
• 1:06 a.m. Friday, 400 block of South Hickory Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa girl was taken into custody for a curfew violation.
• 9:41 a.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Walmart employees reported a female suspect left the store without paying for items. The case is under investigation.
• 2:41 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Locust Street, officers investigated damage and entry to a residence. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 100 block of West Sixth Street, suspicious activity; 400 block East Third Street, animal complaint; 300 block of Walnut Street, trespass complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
• Thursday: 200 block of Prairie Lane, suspicious vehicle, I-35 at milepost 191, assist other agency; I-35 and milepost 199, assist other agency; 500 block of Pine Street, animal complaint; 200 block of East Fifth Street, battery.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:38 a.m. Wednesday, 2208 Princeton Circle Drive, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:04 p.m. Wednesday, Colorado Road and Labette Terrace, Pomona firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:20 p.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of K-68, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire was reported.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.