• Wednesday: Elizabeth Carlson, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Melanie Herken, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Elizabeth Carlson, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Baby boy, 6 pounds, 15 ounces to Elizabeth Carlson, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:11 a.m. Friday, 3755 Georgia Terrace, PJ Guyle Jr., 20, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal damage to property.
Police Department Arrests
• 10 p.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of King Street, Jorge Flores-Ortiz, 28, Ottumwa, Iowa, on suspicion of no driver’s license and obstructed license plate.
• 2:33 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of East Logan Street, Frankie Herod, 36, Garnett, on suspicion of driving while suspended, speeding and no driver’s side mirror.
• 11:39 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Poplar Street, Cai Yeager, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and no insurance.
• 9:05 a.m. Thursday, 305 S. Main St., Andrew Bettinger, 30, Garnett, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:36 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Main Street, Hannah Smith, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and underage consumption of alcohol after she was stopped for a traffic infraction. Others in the vehicle also arrested included Kaitlin Miller, 18, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, underage consumption of alcohol and transporting an open container; and Jenassa Reyes, 20, Ottawa, for underage consumption.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:12 a.m. Wednesday, Pomona Bank, 118 E. Franklin St., the sheriff’s office is investigating an aggravated robbery that occurred at the bank.
• 3:44 a.m. Friday, 600 block of West Wilson Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa man reported a burglary from his business. Items taken included a Dewalt miter saw, truck tool box, trolling motor and cables from his welder. Loss was estimated at $580.
• 6:16 a.m. Wednesday, Nevada Terrace and Labette Road, Gregory Votaw, 49, Ottawa, was driving a 2011 Ford Escape northbound in the 2700 block of Nevada Terrace when he struck a deer. Damage was estimated at under $1,000.
Police Department News
• 5:53 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Oak Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported a 15-year-old Ottawa girl as a runaway.
• 9:57 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of North Main Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 14-year-old Ottawa girl as a runaway.
• 7:32 a.m. Wednesday, 100 block of East 12th Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole items from inside his vehicle.
• 7:06 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Sycamore Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole items from inside his house and vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: K-33 Highway and Stafford Road, suspicious activity; K-33 Highway and Woodson Road, assist other agency; 600 block of Maple Street, criminal use of a financial card.
• Thursday: 400 block of East Eighth Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 600 block of East Ninth Terrace, traffic complaint; 600 block of Maple Street, public assist; I-35 and K-33, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:43 a.m. Thursday, 806 W. 13th St., firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation.
• 10:31 a.m. Thursday, 820 E. Sixth St., firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 6:09 p.m. Monday, Montana Road and Stafford Terrace, Centropolis Fire Department firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 1:53 p.m. Monday, 3577 Arkansas Road, Pomona Fire Department firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 3:35 p.m. Tuesday, 2469 Georgia Road, Williamsburg Fire Department firefighters responded for mutual aid.
• 1:02 p.m. Wednesday, John Brown and Alabama roads, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 9:55 p.m. Wednesday, Iowa and Jackson roads, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 12:54 p.m. Wednesday, 3662 I-35, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 6:13 p.m. Wednesday, 2602 Shawnee, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 11:13 p.m. Wednesday, Eisenhower and Kingman roads, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 1:02 p.m. Wednesday, 3952 I-35, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Monday through Wednesday.