• Saturday: Leona Cauffman, Quenemo.
• Saturday: Clio Church, Pomona; Earla Schultz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 10:13 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Blake Sparks-Garner, 23, Vacaville, Calif., on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:58 p.m. Saturday, 1600 block of South Cedar Street, Dylan Spencer, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of unlawfully discharging a firearm while in his home, according to a police report.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:44 a.m. Sunday, 4800 block of Reno Road, a 70-year-old Wellsville man reported an unknown suspect entered his residence and took items valued at $4,800, according to a sheriff’s office report.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, I-35 in Franklin County, a vehicle driven by Marcus Williams, 19, Gardner, was traveling northbound on I-35 near milepost 186 in Franklin County when Williams said his vehicle was “side-swiped” by an unknown gray truck, according to a sheriff’s report. Williams reported the incident about 4 p.m. Sunday at the sheriff’s office, according to the report. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000, the report said.
Police Department News
• 11:06 p.m. Friday, 100 block of West Ninth Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect battered her and attempted to steal property from her, according to a police report.
• 9:10 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of South Osage Drive, a 44-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 17-year-old child left home without permission. The child, who is in state’s custody, was in Ottawa for a visitation and didn’t return home, according to a police report.
• 1:57 p.m. Friday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of money.
• 3:18 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of Tremont Avenue, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported stolen property.
• 5:53 p.m. Sunday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 52-year-old Lebo woman reported an unknown suspect stole property from the store.
• 2:05 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of West Sixth Street, a vehicle driven by Shawn Black, 16, Ottawa, backed into a parked car. Black was cited with improper backing, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 500 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 400 block of Main Street, vehicle unlock; 200 block of Maple Terrace, medical call.
• Saturday: 600 block of Main Street, alarm call; 600 block of Main Street, suicidal subject; 600 block of Oak Street, information report; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Sunday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 4300 block of Shawnee Terrace, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:06 p.m. Friday, K-68 and Eisenhower Road, firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 8:03 a.m. Saturday, 717 E. Third St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:35 a.m. Saturday, 713 N. Poplar St., authorized controlled burning.