• Thursday: Anthony Birzer, Ottawa; Addison Kuiken, Ottawa; Phillip Larios, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Shirley Diamond, Ottawa; Aeriadini Hartley, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Sylvia Comstock, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
Police Department Arrests
• 11:28 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Misty Silkwood, 25, Pomona, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• Noon Wednesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Tiffany Fernandes, 22, Williamsburg, on suspicion of violating a no contact order.
• 12:13 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Tyler Sage, 19, Williamsburg, on suspicion of violating a no contact order.
• 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Main Street, Nicholas Leach, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and no proof of insurance after he was stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 9:06 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Isaac Cook, 22, Topeka, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:47 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Rylie Russell, 28, Paola, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:59 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of West Second Street, Shannen Price, 34, Quenemo, on a parole warrant.
• 1:36 a.m. Friday, 300 block South Walnut Street, Matthew Rand, 27, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:46 p.m. Tuesday, 2192 John Brown Road, responded to a house fire. The home, owned by Rob and Kathy Sheldon, was a total loss.
• 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of North Main Street, a Utah man reported thefts by a known subject.
• 6:31 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of North Baldwin Street, Richmond, a 54-year-old Rogers, Ark., man reported a Troy Bilt tiller was stolen from a shed located on a property he owns in Richmond. Estimated loss was $1,500.
• 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Oregon and Haskell roads, a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by Brittany Wiley, 20, Rantoul, was northbound in the 1700 block of Oregon Road when she lost control of the vehicle and it slid into the ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 6:59 p.m. Tuesday, Vermont and John Brown roads, a 2009 Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Flynn, 57, Wellsville, was northbound in the 1900 block of Vermont Road when it struck a deer.
• 5:40 a.m. Wednesday, Ellis Terrace and Kentucky Road, a 2004 Ford Taurus driven by Allison Schulz, 18, Princeton, was eastbound in the 2200 block of Ellis Terrace when it struck a deer.
• 6:37 a.m. Wednesday, K-68 and Georgia Road, a 1997 Jeep Cherokee driven by Troy Lewis, 44, Ottawa, was westbound in the 1300 block of K-68 when it crossed the center line and struck a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Dan Willford, 42, Pomona. Lewis was pronounced dead at the scene. Willford was transported to Overland Park Regional Hospital where he was treated and released Thursday. Both vehicles were a total loss.
• 2:37 a.m. Thursday, 4800 block of K-68, a vehicle driven by Nathaniel Krugjohn, 28, Ottawa, was eastbound in the 4800 block of K-68 when it left the roadway and struck a fence. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 6:03 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Cedar Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject or subjects damaged his vehicle.
• 12:38 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of South Oak Street, a 44-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was threatened and battered by a known 46-year-old Ottawa man.
• 5:27 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of South Willow Street, Sandra Henricks, 32, Ottawa, was cited and released for keeping a vicious animal.
• 2:18 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of North Mulberry Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man committed suicide, according to a police report.
• 3:26 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, a 27-year-old Ottawa man reported a known suspect stole his cell phone.
• 3:46 p.m. Thursday, 2200 block of South Elm Street, an 86-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole money from her room.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 200 block of Ash Street, juvenile complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 500 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 600 block of Oak Street, juvenile complaint; 200 block of Ash Street, non-injury accident; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 200 block of Ash Street, juvenile complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:17 a.m. Wednesday, 2192 John Brown Road, assist other agency.
• 1:02 p.m. Wednesday, 119 E. Third St., firefighters responded to a brush/grass fire. Firefighters returned to the location at 1:53 p.m., according to a fire report.
• 9:57 a.m. Thursday, 323 S. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.