• Wednesday: Hannah Teter, Burlingame.
• Wednesday: Cheryl Beyer, Ottawa; Barbara Evans, Ottawa.
• Baby boy, 7 pounds, 1 ounce, to Hannah Teter, Burlingame
• Baby girl, 9 pounds, 3 ounces, to Fallyn O’Malley, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Mulberry Street, Stephen Phillipe II, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia.
• 5:06 p.m. Thursday, 1700 block of South Osage Drive, Shelly Anderson-Mason, 43, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant for violating a check law, according to a Franklin County Jail booking report.
Police Department News
• 11:11 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of North Sycamore Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa woman and a 26-year-old Ottawa man reported they were battered by each other. A report has been forwarded to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office, according to Ottawa police.
• 1:58 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of South Walnut Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect spray painted the Rails to Trails path.
• 8:03 a.m. Wednesday, 2600 block of Eisenhower Avenue, a 52-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect had stolen fuel.
• 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Coop, 302 N. Main St., a 64-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole a tag off of a company vehicle.
• 11:06 a.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a 73-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole items.
• 12:08 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Topeka woman reported an unknown suspect stole items from the store.
• 3:13 p.m. Thursday, Third and South Walnut streets, a vehicle driven by Charles Cramer, 47, Lee’s Summit, Mo., struck a vehicle driven by Desiree Winkler, 39, Ottawa, while attempting to make a turn. Cramer was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:31 a.m. Wednesday, 933 N. Birch St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:29 a.m. Wednesday, 1224 S. College Lane, authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.