• Thursday: Mark Whiteford, Ottawa
• Saturday: Rebecca Grauel, Ottawa; Norma Slemp, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Korey Calhoun, Rantoul.
• Thursday: Thomas Weber, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Rebecca Grauel, Ottawa; Mark Whiteford, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 4 ounces, to Korey and Casey Calhoun, Rantoul.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:06 p.m. Thursday, K-68 and Georgia Road, John Freeman, 45, Pomona, on a Horton, Kansas, Police Department warrant.
• 6:05 p.m. Sunday, 4400 block of I-35, Joseph Gile, 38, Shawnee, on a Clay County, Missouri, warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:14 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of East Garfield Street, Francis Rushe IV, 30, Ottawa, on City of Ottawa warrant after he was contacted on a traffic stop.
• 3:12 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of East Enterprise Street, Ronald Hiatt, 51, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence after he was stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 12:02 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of South Maple Street, Nicholas Burns, 29, Ottawa, on two City of Lawrence warrants.
• 1 p.m. Saturday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Billy Adams Jr., 40, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:33 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of South Main Street, Mitchell Dietrich, 25, Manhattan, on suspicion of obstructing the legal process after he was contacted on a noise complaint call. Michael Dietrich, 27, Ottawa, and Katrina Wilkerson, 24, Ottawa, were both cited and released on suspicion of criminal trespass.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:05 a.m. Thursday, 4800 block of Nevada Road, an 18-year-old Baldwin City subject reported being the victim of an online blackmail scheme.
• 9:57 a.m. Thursday, Woodson Road and Nebraska Terrace, a 65-year-old Baldwin City man reported someone did doughnuts with a vehicle in his hay field, causing damage to an estimated 2 tons of hay. Loss was estimated at $420.
• 8:10 a.m. Sunday, 2700 block of Kentucky Road, a man reported someone damaged his mailbox overnight. Loss was estimated at $30.
• 5:39 p.m. Thursday, K-68 and Tennessee Road, a 1998 Honda CR-V driven by Joanna Dye, 45, Lawrence, struck the rear of a 1998 Nissan Maxima driven by Boston Tramel, 22, Lawrence, in the 3800 block of K-68.
• 7:37 p.m. Thursday, U.S. 59 and Ellis Terrace, sheriff’s deputies responded to U.S. 59 and Ellis Terrace for a single-vehicle wreck. The driver had left the scene before deputies arrived and was not located. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
• 11:09 a.m. Friday, Missouri and Cloud roads, a 1981 Kenworth driven by Steven Bauman, 20, Garnett, was northbound in the 600 block of Missouri Road when it was struck by a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Milton Lutz, 50, Richmond.
• 8:16 a.m. Sunday, 4000 block of Cloud Road, a 2007 Honda Goldwing motorcycle driven by Galen W. Feldkamp Jr., 57, Richmond, was eastbound in the 4000 block of Cloud Road when it struck a dog. Feldkamp was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, with unknown injuries.
• 10:35 a.m. Sunday, 3000 block of Marshall Road, a 2005 Dodge Neon driven by Joshua Hoyt, 26, La Cygne, left I-35 at milepost 186 and drove through a fence. Hoyt was arrested on suspicion of driving while his license was revoked, unlawful use of toxic vapors and on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:04 p.m. Sunday, Sand Creek and Eisenhower roads, a vehicle driven by Keith McAdoo, 62, Ottawa, ran a stop sign at the intersection of Sand Creek and Eisenhower roads and struck a vehicle driven by Judy Porter, 61, Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report, Porter’s vehicle overturned in the ditch. Porter and her son, Jeffrey Porter, were transported by private vehicle to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, with minor injuries, the report said.
• 3:38 p.m. Sunday, 2600 block of I-35, Derik S. Johnson, 19, Wellsville, and Matthew C. Denning, 19, Wichita, were involved in a non-injury wreck on I-35 at milepost 183, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:40 p.m. Sunday, Georgia and Pawnee roads, a 1998 Ford Escort driven by Ryan Sink, 43, Ottawa, was eastbound on Pawnee Road when it struck a 2012 Hyundai Accent driven by Deborah Blakely, 58, Pomona, which failed to yield at a stop sign on Georgia Road, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 4:26 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of West Seventh Street Terrace, a 63-year-old Ottawa man was found deceased from natural causes.
• 2:53 a.m. Friday, 700 block of West Sixth Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa man reported a known man damaged a residence.
• 2:24 p.m. Friday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 30-year-old Ottawa man and was threatened by a known 31-year-old Ottawa man. The case remains under investigation.
• 11:45 a.m. Sunday, American Eagle, 1301 N. Davis Ave., a 47-year-old La Cygne woman reported Joshua Hoyt, 26, Pomona, took her vehicle without her permission. Hoyt later was cited and released for unlawful deprivation of property, according to a police report.
• 11:39 p.m. Sunday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was sexually battered by a known suspect.
• 4:34 a.m. Friday, 400 block of South Ash Street, an unoccupied stolen vehicle and license plate were recovered for an outside agency.
• 9:50 a.m. Friday, 100 block of South Maple Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his vehicle overnight and stole items.
• 4:54 p.m. Friday, 200 block of West Fourth Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa man reported he was battered by a known 31-year-old Ottawa man.
• 7:54 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Princeton Street, Corey Meier, 20, Ottawa, was cited and released for keeping a vicious animal after his dog bit a female subject.
• 1:38 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Cypress Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item off her vehicle.
• 8:07 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Sycamore Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole a trailer.
• 10:05 a.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Bruce Laird, 51, Richmond, struck a vehicle driven by Daniel Gast, 45, Pomona.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 600 block of Main Street, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, fireworks complaint; 100 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity.
• Friday: 200 block of Elm Street, traffic complaint.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, fireworks complaint; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call; 100 block of Cedarlane Drive, assist other agency.
• Sunday: I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency; I-35 at milepost 196, assist other agency; I-35 and K-33, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:48 p.m. Thursday, 3500 block of I-35, motor vehicle wreck.
• 6:12 p.m. Saturday, 1301 N. Davis Ave., fire alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 5:05 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of South Main Street, assist other agency.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Thursday through Sunday.