• Friday: Leonard Baskett Sr., Ottawa; Shirley Holstine, Richmond; Joan Staus, Ottawa; Lauree Wright, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 7:59 a.m. Friday, 300 block of East Eighth Street, John Hermreck, 28, Fort Scott, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear and a Garnett Municipal warrant for failure to pay fines.
• 8:59 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, Randel McKay, 50, Williamsburg, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 9:39 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, Joseph McGehee, 53, Auburn, on a City of Wellsville warrant for failure to appear.
• 6:20 p.m. Sunday, K-68 and Iowa Terrace, Shaun Nomoccasin, 22, Lawrence, on suspicion of driving while suspended, no proof of liability insurance and reckless driving.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:46 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Jerry McWilliams, 18, Ottawa, on suspicion of contributing to a child’s misconduct, underage possession of alcohol and theft. A 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of underage possession of alcohol and theft.
• 1:09 a.m. Saturday, 500 block of South Locust Street, Darrin Parks, 47, Ottawa, on an outstanding State of Missouri warrant.
• 3:39 p.m. Saturday, I-35 milepost 185, Matthew Davis, 27, Bolivar, Missouri, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop.
• 1:53 a.m. Sunday, Ike and Mike Storage, 503 N. Oak St., Tasha Klein, 29, Wamego, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container and no proof of insurance following a collision with a telephone pole and structure.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:57 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Kansas Avenue, recovery of stolen motorcycle from Kansas City, Missouri.
• 3:47 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of Rock Creek Road, a 63-year-old Ottawa man reported that a 41-year-old woman violated a protection from abuse order by calling and texting him.
• 4:04 p.m. Friday, 400 block of John Brown Road, report of theft of tools and parts.
• 7:34 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Vermont Road, a 32-year-old Rantoul woman reported the theft of several guns valued at about $3,000.
• 9:57 p.m. Saturday, 2800 block of Rock Creek Road, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of pills from his home. Loss estimated at $110.
• 8:55 a.m. Saturday, I-35 milepost 187, a 2004 Honda Accord driven by Jevon Taylor, 19, Denver, Colorado, was northbound when it struck a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser driven by Elvira Deleon, 45, Harlingen, Texas.
Police Department News
• 3:41 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Oak Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa woman reported that her 3-year-old daughter was physically abused by a known suspect. Case remains under investigation, according to a police report.
• 5:16 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of South Mulberry Street, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported being battered by a 38-year-old Ottawa man. Case remains under investigation, according to a police report.
• 5:35 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Main Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after expressing intentions to harm herself.
• 7:02 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of North Cleveland, a 27-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown individual broke a window to gain access to his home.
• 7:13 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of Ash Street, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported a past battery by a known 29-year-old Ottawa man.
• 6:49 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of North Cherry Street, a vehicle driven by Cynthia Lafine, 57, Overbrook, lost control and struck an object, causing damage to the vehicle and minor injuries to a passenger. Lafine was cited for failing to report the accident.
• 6:41 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a vehicle driven by Julie Greenberg, 48, Princeton was struck by an unknown vehicle while it was parked.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, two public assists; 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of West Fourth Street, noise complaint.
• Saturday: 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 500 block of West Fourth Street, noise complaint.
• Sunday: 600 block of Pine Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:04 a.m. Friday, 1626 S. Willow St., authorized controlled burning.
• 1:04 a.m. Saturday, 719 W. 11th St., other fire.
• 1:39 a.m. Sunday, 506 N. Cherry St., carbon monoxide detector activation.
• 7:32 p.m. Sunday, 715 S. Oak St., smoke or odor removal.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday, Saturday and Sunday.