• Wednesday: Phyllis Bond, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Linda Seitz, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Phyllis Bond, Ottawa; Alvin Crawford, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
• 11:37 p.m. Wednesday, East Fredrick and South Kallock streets, Randall Penner, 55, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:41 a.m. Wednesday, 15th and Mulberry streets, Michael Nichols, 23, Osawatomie, on suspicion of driving while suspended.
• 9:05 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Steven Jackson, 39, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:04 a.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of Nebraska Terrace, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported a window on his 1990 Caterpillar backhoe had been struck by an unknown object. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• 4:24 p.m. Wednesday, Central Street Bar and Grill, 111 E. Central St., Richmond, sheriff’s officers responded to a structure fire. The cause of the fire and a damage estimate had not been determined. No one was in the building at the time of the blaze, fire department officials reported.
• 11:45 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., sheriff’s officers responded to a report of a fight between inmates David Ralston, 33, Ottawa, and Seth Bulmer, 21, Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report. Video footage showed Ralston was the aggressor and he was charged with battery, the report said. Bulmer did not require medical attention, the report said.
• 2:19 a.m. Friday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, sheriff’s officers responded to the Canterbury Court Apartments for a possible domestic battery incident between a 27-year-old Ottawa man and a 25-year-old Ottawa woman. No arrests were made at that time.
• 8:50 p.m. Thursday, Amigos restaurant, 34 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a vehicle driven by Brian Jones, 48, Ottawa, was backing out of a parking stall in the Amigos parking lot when it struck another vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. The collision occurred on private party, and both parties exchanged insurance information, the report said.
Police Department News
• 10:58 a.m. Wednesday, Drivers, 222 E. Logan St., police investigated damage to the property.
• Wednesday, no time given, Ottawa Middle School, 1230 S. Ash St., a 24-year-old Ottawa woman reported a dog bit an 11-year-old child. The dog’s owner had not been located Wednesday, according to a police report.
• 4:21 a.m. Thursday, 400 block of South Ash Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 39-year-old Ottawa man threatened her with a weapon and damaged her property, according to a police report.
• 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, 3900 block of Alabama Road, a 34-year-old Quenemo man reported an unknown suspect had stolen his wife’s purse from one of their vehicles.
• 10:41 p.m. Thursday, Dairy Queen, 12 N. Main St., a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole items she had left at Dairy Queen.
• 4:12 p.m. Thursday, 1600 block of South Cedar Street, a 30-year-old Spring Hill woman initially reported a delivery vehicle belonging to Kramer Pharmacy, 134 S. Main St., Ottawa, had been stolen, according to a police report. The vehicle later was found to have been left in neutral and rolled down a hill, leaving the roadway, the police report said.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, medical call; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; milepost 197 on I-35, assist outside agency.
• Thursday: 800 block of Main Street, noise complaint; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Wednesday.