Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:18 a.m. Friday, 1418 S. Main St., Eric Fox, 34, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 7:31 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., John Johnson III, 31, St. Joseph, Mo., on a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:08 p.m. Friday, 3100 block of Ellis Road, Corrine Hiles, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 8:52 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of Jackson Road, William Martin II, 20, Pomona, and Jennifer Jenkins, 41, Pomona, both on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 8:23 p.m. Sunday, 1800 block of Osborne Terrace, Misty Silkwood, 24, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:12 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of Rock Creek Road, a 17-year-old Pomona girl was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• 12:44 p.m. Friday, 900 block of South Lincoln Street, Rozalene Hutchison, 36, Ottawa, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 10:48 p.m. Friday, 2300 block of Oak Street, Merlin Victoriano Jr., 53, Walls, Miss., on suspicion of driving while suspended and no proof of liability insurance.
• Saturday, no time given, 800 block of South Lincoln Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on a Franklin County Community Corrections warrant, obstruction after running from officers and disorderly conduct after cursing at officers, according to a police report.
• 5:49 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Leslie Padgett, 38, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 7:49 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., James Shipley, 32, Topeka, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:35 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of Madison Street, Pomona, a 37-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect stole his television and a pair of shoes sometime last weekend. The loss was estimated at more than $1,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:16 p.m. Sunday, 1840 Osborne Terrace, a vehicle driven by Janette Lute, 40, Ottawa, collided with a vehicle driven by Mary Beth Watkins, 38, Vasser, in the 1800 block of Osborne Terrace. Both drivers refused medical treatment, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:16 p.m. Saturday, Labette and Alabama terraces, sheriff’s officers responding to a rollover wreck on Labette Terrace, just west of Alabama Terrace, found an unoccupied red Chevrolet truck. The truck was registered to Dorothy Coon and Joshua Drum of Quenemo, according to a sheriff’s report. It was unclear who was driving the vehicle, the report said. The rollover still is under investigation.
Police Department News
• 3:09 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of East Grant Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm himself.
• 10:06 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of East 12th Street, officers investigated an unattended death. A 61-year-old Ottawa woman was found deceased in her residence from apparent natural causes, police said.
• 11:39 a.m. Friday, Garnett State Savings Bank, 1250 E. Logan St., a bank employee reported an unknown suspect passed counterfeit money at the bank.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:12 p.m. Sunday. 300 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Friday through Sunday.