• Monday: Ruby Reeves, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:47 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., James Shipley, 31, Topeka, on a City of Pomona warrant.
• 9:05 a.m. Tuesday, East Sixth and Madison streets, Thomas Martin, 27, Olathe, on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia, transporting an open container, no insurance and no seat belt, after being stopped for not wearing his seat belt, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:39 a.m. Monday, 700 block of West Second Street, Scott Berry, 51, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:32 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, Tammy Moss, 41, Ottawa, on an Osage County warrant.
• 1:11 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Main Street, Lee Berry, 54, Gardner, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 6:56 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Willow Street, Aaron Stevenson, 33, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:04 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Oak Street, Joshua Pegg, 24, Phoenix, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence.
• 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Willow Street, James Ferguson, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs and possession of paraphernalia after being stopped for traffic violations, according to a police report.
• 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Willow Street, Bailey Adams, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia and criminal possession of a weapon after the vehicle she was riding in was stopped for traffic violations, according to a police report.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:54 p.m. Tuesday, 3700 block of Ellis Road, a sheriff’s officer responded to a report that a 15-year-old girl from Princeton had run away from a foster care home. The girl was located and taken to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:50 a.m., 1900 block of I-35, Franklin County Sheriff’s officers assisted the Kansas Highway Patrol at the scene of a wreck involving two semi-trailers on I-35 at milepost 175, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:18 p.m., 3300 block of K-68, Mark McMillin, 53, LeCompton, reported he noticed when leaving work that his 2009 Chevrolet Malibu had been hit in the parking lot by an unknown suspect’s vehicle. Damage was estimated to be less than $1,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:14 a.m. Monday, 1500 block of North Davis Avenue, David Bowlby was cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of disorderly conduct for harassing his coworkers, according to a police report.
• 9:44 p.m. Monday, Cenex, 304 E. Logan St., a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported her vehicle was damaged after having been threatened and battered by a 33-year-old known Ottawa man.
• 8:44 p.m. Tuesday, 715 W. Second Street, a 36-year-old Grain Valley, Mo., woman reported a 3-year-old child was sexually assaulted, according to a police report. The incident is under investigation.
• 12:14 p.m. Monday, 3 West Canterbury Court, Lisa Ryan, 31, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of stealing a refrigerator from the apartment, according to a police report.
• 4:29 p.m. Monday, 200 block of South Ash Street, a vehicle driven by Gary Foster, 60, Ottawa, was traveling on South Ash Street when it caught on fire. The cause of the fire was unknown, according to a police report.
• 8:28 a.m. Tuesday, 100 block of East 15th Street, a vehicle driven by Deanna Leecy, 46, Ottawa, struck the rear of a stopped vehicle driven by Kelly Young, 40, Ottawa. Leecy was issued a citation for inattentive driving and no proof of insurance, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:29 p.m. Monday, 200 block of South Ash Street, firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire. No injuries were reported.
• 8:29 a.m. Tuesday, South Hickory and East 15th streets, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 9:38 a.m. Aug. 3, Stafford and Missouri roads, Centropolis firefighters investigated a problem with a power line.
• 1:18 p.m. Aug. 4, 221 S. Kallock St., Richmond firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:39 p.m. Aug. 7, 111 E. Central Ave., Richmond, Richmond, Ohio, Pottawatomie, Williamsburg and Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 7:39 p.m. Aug. 8, 146 Third St., Wellsville, Wellsville firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to 22 medical calls July 31 through Tuesday.