• Wednesday: Max Blankenbeker, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 6:29 a.m. Wednesday, 1600 South Osage Drive, Leslie T. Miller, 35, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 2:07 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of East Walton Street, Ronald Currant, 48, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 5:58 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Vicki Gaither, 40, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:07 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, Phillip Hoehn, 46, Rantoul, on suspicion of driving while suspended.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:47 p.m. Wednesday: 100 block South Poplar Street, Robert Tucker, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protective order.
• 6:44 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of South Sycamore Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of a bicycle. Jeremy Burgess, 32, Ottawa, later was arrested on suspicion of the bicycle theft and on a City of Osawatomie warrant.
• 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, Brandon Harmon, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving while suspended and no proof of insurance. The passenger, Cooper Wellesley, 18, Ottawa, was arrested on suspicion of being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• 11:29 p.m. Wednesday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Nicholas Engelbert, 18, Waverly, on suspicion of battering a law enforcement officer.
• 11:05 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, Blake Geiler, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of damaging property during a domestic dispute with a 44-year-old Ottawa man.
• 12:55 a.m. Friday, South Beach Cove, 1608 S. Main St., Philip Hasty, 27, Lansing, on suspicion of driving under the influence, refusal of a chemical test, transporting an open container and resisting arrest, according to a police report.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:13 p.m. Wednesday, 1419 Nevada Road, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 44-year-old Ottawa man while the pair was traveling in a vehicle in rural Franklin County.
• 10:14 a.m. Thursday, 2600 block of Kingman Road, a 71-year-old Ottawa man reported a car loader ramp was stolen from his property.
• 10:30 a.m. Thursday, 3100 block of Georgia Road, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported that sometime overnight unknown suspects took several feed bins, a stock tank, several fence posts and old milk cans from her property. She said the items, valued at more than $1,000, belonged to a 55-year-old Garnett man.
• 6:48 a.m. Wednesday, Rock Creek and Oregon roads, a 2001 Buick Century driven by Edith Oliver, 69, Osawatomie, was westbound in the 3700 block of Rock Creek Road when it struck a deer.
• 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of U.S. 59, a vehicle driven by Jessica Wolken, 25, Greeley, was southbound on U.S. 59 when it struck the back of a utility trailer being pulled by vehicle driven by Robert Oswald, 59, Ottawa.
Police Department News
• 10:21 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block South Willow Street, Brittany Miller, 22, Ottawa, was cited after her dog bit a 1-year-old child, according to a police report.
• 12:03 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block South Poplar Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa man reported a blue 1996 Dodge Ram pickup was stolen by unknown suspects.
• 5:06 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block South Burroughs Street, an iPad owned by the Baldwin school district was reported stolen.
• 2:01 p.m. Thursday, Short Stop, 1621 S. Main St., a 65-year-old Ottawa woman reported her credit card, which she said had been lost or stolen, was used by unknown suspects sometime between Aug. 23 and Sept. 16.
• 12:06 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of East 12th Street, a 38-year-old Ottawa man reported his 2009 Yamaha motorcycle was stolen by unknown suspects.
• 9:06 a.m. Thursday, 21st and South Princeton streets, a vehicle driven by Kyndrah Carr, 21, Garnett, changed lanes and struck a vehicle driven by James Mauszycki, 54, Garnett. Carr was issued a citation for improper lane change.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, traffic complaint; 700 block of Poplar Street, trespass complaint; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 300 block of West Seventh Street, suspicious activity; 500 block of East Third Street, animal complaint.
• Thursday: 200 block of West Third Street, assist other agency; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 300 block of West Fourth Street, traffic complaint; 300 block of South Elm Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.