• Wednesday: Sheri Geschke, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Gloria Schroeder, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Janice Nichols, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
Police Department Arrests
• 8:41 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Dillon Leach, 36, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:39 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Cedar Street, James Cox Jr., 35, on suspicion of transporting an open container.
• 10:53 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of East Third Street, Gabrielle Washington, 25, Pomona, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 3:07 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jason Thompson, 23, Pomona, on a City of Ottawa warrant
• 3:07 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Joseph Henslee, 28, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:22 p.m. Thursday, 15th and Main streets, Kenneth Hopkins, 65, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence after being involved in a traffic accident, according to a police report.
• 11:16 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, a 59-year-old Ottawa woman reported she had been battered and her vehicle damaged. Misty Silkwood, 24, Ottawa, later was arrested in connection with the incident, according to a police report.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, Patriots Bank, 1500 block of U.S. 59, a known suspect stole several checks from his grandmother, a 78-year-old Garnett woman, and cashed them in several locations in Garnett and Princeton, according to a sheriff’s report. Estimated loss was $1,185.
• 3:41 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of North Seventh Street, Centropolis, a 2001 Mercury driven by Elsie Wray, 78, Centropolis, was northbound on Seventh Street when she fell asleep and the vehicle entered the west ditch, struck a mailbox and hit a fence, according to a sheriff’s report. Wray was not injured, the report said.
• 5:34 a.m. Wednesday, Butler and Ohio roads, a 2010 Toyota Tundra driven by Terry Hargett, 50, Richmond, was eastbound in the 3500 block of Butler Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 31-year-old Ottawa man violated a protection from abuse order.
• 8:43 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Cypress Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa male reported his vehicle was damaged by a known suspect.
• 10:10 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of West Seventh Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known suspect violated a protection from abuse order.
• 11:43 a.m. Thursday, 2500 block of Eisenhower Road, a 54-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after it was determined she was a danger to herself, according to a police report.
• 11:14 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of South Locust Street, a 53-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known suspect stole property.
• 9:21 a.m. Thursday, Burger King, 205 E. 23rd St., a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported someone got into his vehicle and stole items.
• 9:34 a.m. Thursday, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 409 S. Cedar St., a 46-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone came into the church and stole an item. The case is under investigation.
• 10:11 a.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Hickory Street, a vehicle driven by Earl McAuley, 21, Ottawa, backed into a vehicle driven by Shirley Hoffman, 52, Ottawa. McAuley was cited for inattentive driving.
• 7:57 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of East 27th Street, Hyeon Morrow, 53, Garnett, reported her vehicle was struck by a vehicle driven by Catherine Schmidt, 75, Hartford. Schmidt was cited with failure to yield the right of way.
• 6:19 p.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Eisenhower Avenue, a vehicle driven by Matthew Allen, 24, Humboldt, failed to yield at a stop sign and was struck by a vehicle driven by Brenda Vanderford, 51, Princeton. Allen was cited for disobeying a stop sign.
• 10:22 p.m. Thursday, 15th and Main streets, Kaci Campbell, 19, Vinta, Okla., reported her vehicle was struck by a vehicle driven by Kenneth Hopkins, 65, Ottawa. Hopkins was cited for driving under the influence and improper left turn, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 100 block of Walnut Street, assist outside agency; 700 block of Walnut Street, motorist assist.
• Thursday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, general information.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, 1126 S. Hickory St., firefighters responded to a building fire.
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Wednesday.