Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:01 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jason Martinez, 34, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:19 a.m. Friday, 2200 block of Princeton Circle Street, Kelly Gebel, 38, Independence, Mo., on suspicion of driving while suspended.
• 11:21 p.m. Friday, 100 block of West 10th Street, Stephen Bradley, 40, Ottawa, on a City of Garnett warrant.
• 11:54 p.m. Friday, 900 block of South Main Street, Timothy Sartain, 61, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 3:28 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Jennifer Williams, 44, Ottawa, and a 17-year-old Ottawa juvenile were arrested on suspicion of theft, according to a police report.
• 2:19 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of North Oak Street, Timothy A. Wilson, 50, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:21 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of Second Street, Nicholas Burns, 27, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:23 a.m. Friday, 2200 block of South Eisenhower Avenue, a 2005 Nissan Maxima driven by Marcella Daugharthy, 52, Ottawa, was northbound on Eisenhower Avenue when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 7:41 p.m. Friday, near milepost 170 on I-35 in Franklin County, a 2006 Dodge Caravan driven by Clara Ensminger, 17, Hutchinson, was traveling north on I-35 when a 2002 BMW driven by Alexander Shewmon, 19, Linwood, left the roadway and came back on the road and struck the van, according to a sheriff’s report. Shewmon was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital with undisclosed injuries. He was not listed as a patient on Monday. Ensminger and her grandparents, Kenneth Ensminger, 71, Stephanie Ensminger, 67, both of Hutchinson and passengers in the van, were not injured, according to the report.
Police Department News
• 7:24 a.m. Saturday, 1600 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by David Hedrick, 59, Ottawa, made an improper turn and struck a vehicle driven by Richard Needham, 83, Ottawa, according to a police report. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Friday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
• Saturday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 100 block of Locust Street, medical call; 200 block of Benton Drive, disturbance; 100 block of Locust Street, animal complaint; 300 block of Maple Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:58 p.m. Friday, 501 Otter Lane, firefighters responded to an activated smoke detector. No fire reported.
• 4:07 p.m. Friday, 610 Beech St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:16 p.m. Friday, 1520 S. Poplar St., firefighters investigated a carbon monoxide incident.
• 11:41 a.m. Saturday, 926 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with 12 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 12:05 a.m Saturday, 528 Monroe St., Pomona, Pomona and Centropolis firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls.