• Thursday: Darlene Schraeder, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Lois Bulmer, Ottawa; Judy Huggard, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Keokuk and North Main streets, James Robert Thomas, 28, Ottawa, on a Barton County warrant.
• 1:39 a.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Ash Street, Timothy P. Sartain, 62, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 3:46 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of South Hickory Street, Michael Reyes, 25, Princeton, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:20 p.m. Thursday, Ottawa University, 1001 S. Cedar St., Stephen Phillipe, 36, Ottawa, and Kathy Harris, 40, Ottawa, on City of Ottawa warrants after being contacted by Ottawa University Security for suspicious behavior, according to a police report.
• 4:56 a.m. Friday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Kasie Mills, 43, Pomona, and Randi Mills, 20, Pomona, on suspicion of theft of items from the hospital.
Police Department News
• 6:45 p.m. Friday, 800 block South Oak Street, Billy J. Adams Jr., no age or address given, was issued a notice to appear in court and released after being found in possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.
• 3:42 p.m. Wednesday, Seventh and South Tremont streets, a vehicle driven by Benjamin Thompson struck a vehicle driven by Starla Vogeler-Branson. Thompson was cited for failing to yield to an approaching vehicle when turning left, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 300 block of Pine Street, animal complaint.
• Thursday: 700 block of Main Street, assisting outside agency; 200 block of Ash Street, report of possible child abuse.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:31 p.m. Thursday, 522 E. Fifth St., firefighters removed smoke from a home where the occupants were boiling some non-food related items on the stove, causing smoke to develop, according to a fire department report. The fire caused an estimated $400 damage to the cooking top and immediate area, the report said. No injuries were reported.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.