• Monday: Jennifer Higbie, Quenemo; Cheri Campbell, Ottawa; Brittany Velez, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Lee Bulmer, Vassar.
• Tuesday: William Fowler, Richmond; Jennifer Higbie, Quenemo; Anna Tate, Ottawa; Brittany Velez, Ottawa.
• Monday: Baby boy, 8 pounds, 11 ounces, to Jennifer and Austin Higbie, Quenemo; baby boy, 7 pounds, 1 ounce, to Brittany and Jacob Velez, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 11:47 a.m. Monday, 500 block of East 15th Street, Andrew Moffitt, 45, Oostburg, Wis., on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• 9:47 p.m. Monday, 1200 block of Diamond Head Road, a 16-year-old boy was arrested on a Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:48 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 305 S. Main St., sheriff’s office filed a report on Jessica L. Blackstone for failure to comply with the Kansas Offender Registration Act by not reporting her current address.
• 12:14 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 305 S. Main St., a 67-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole a ring from an auction in the 3600 block of Hamilton Road. Estimated loss was $200.
• 8:15 a.m. Monday, 2600 block of Riley Road, a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Kathryn Greenfield, 62, Ottawa, struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 8:16 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Tennessee Road, a 2005 Suzuki Forenza driven by Joann Hancock, 60, Pomona, struck a cow. No injuries were reported.
• 6:26 a.m. Monday, 2100 block of Sand Creek Road, a 2002 Volkswagen Passat driven by Courtney Rinehart, 21, Ottawa, struck a deer. Rinehart was not injured and was able to drive her car from the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:39 p.m. Monday, 3900 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2003 Kia Sedona driven by Deborah Frost, no age given, Gardner, was traveling south on I-35 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported, but the vehicle had to be towed from the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of South Oak Street, a 1-year-old Ottawa child possibly ingested an undetermined quantity of prescription medication. The case remains under investigation.
• 12:08 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of North Main Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after partially falling into the river, according to a police report.
• 7:10 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Katie Waters, 18, Ottawa, was traveling south on Cedar Street when Waters failed to yield at a stop sign and was struck by a vehicle driven by Kimberly Dow, 26, Ottawa. Waters was cited for failure to yield, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 100 block of West Fourth Street, animal complaint; 700 block of Main Street, two public assists; 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 300 block of West Fourth Street, animal complaint; 400 block of Ash Street, public assist; milepost 192 on I-35, assist outside agency.
• Tuesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, 911 hang-up; 300 block of Walnut Street, welfare check; 200 block of Maple Street, noise complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:06 p.m. Monday, 926 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 12:59 p.m. Monday, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, Pomona firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Monday.