• Thursday: David Fish Jr., Kansas City, Mo.; Lavera Sauer, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Katherine Allan, Ottawa; Cheri Campbell, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:41 a.m. Wednesday, 100 block of West Second Street, Christopher Livingston, 29, Ottawa, on a Crawford County warrant.
• 5:37 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, Billy Richardson Jr., 34, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 10:50 a.m. Thursday, 2000 block of Indiana Road, a 55-year-old Grain Valley, Mo., man alleged his stepbrother, a 41-year-old Ottawa man, was using their father’s information to make purchases online, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 2:54 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of West Second Street, Michael Swanson, 56, Waverly, on authorization from the Kansas Department of Corrections for a parole violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:54 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Jeremy Manheim, 26, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:54 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Topeka woman reported Nicholas Brey, 18, Ottawa, shoplifted an item from the store. Brey then fled on foot and was later located and arrested on suspicion of theft, according to a police report.
• 10:32 a.m. Thursday, 2600 block of I-35, Thomas Montgomery, 33, Blue Springs, Mo., and Jeffrey Montgomery, 27, Blue Springs, Mo., on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic violation, according to a police report.
• 12:05 p.m. Thursday, 1000 block of Augusta Lane, Kimberly Beery, 44, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:26 p.m. Thursday, Brown Hall, Ottawa University, 521 Otter Lane, Eric Rivera-Parker, 18, Golden, Colo., on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• 6:50 p.m. Thursday, 1000 Block of West 15th Street, Scott Smith Jr., 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of fleeing or attempting to elude law enforcement, reckless driving and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer for attempting to back into the pursuing officers after they had tried to stop Smith for a traffic violation, according to a police report.
• 2:03 a.m. Friday, 100 block of North Main Street, Kaycee Dillon, 23, Topeka, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:49 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 305 S. Main St., the sheriff’s office filed a report on Thomas W. Knox for failure to comply with the Kansas Offender Registration Act, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 8:02 a.m. Thursday, West Franklin High School, 511 E. Franklin St., Pomona, sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a fight at the high school. Two male students began shoving each other in the commons area of the school and had to be separated by school officials. The teens were to be suspended for five days, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 3:35 p.m. Thursday, 2200 block of Nevada Road, a 70-year-old Ottawa man reported his credit card had been used multiple times by an unknown person.
• 7:34 p.m. Wednesday, Kentucky and Labette roads, a 2008 Dodge truck driven by Christopher Cunningham, 34, Ottawa, was traveling south on Kentucky Road when it struck a cow. No injuries were reported.
• 8:50 p.m. Thursday, 3600 block of K-68 in Franklin County, a 2006 Infiniti driven by Billy Wallace Jr., 32, Paola, was traveling eastbound on K-68 when it struck a fox.
• 1:03 a.m. Friday, Sand Creek and Louisiana roads, a deer struck the rear passenger side of a vehicle driven by Anthony D. Kelley, 27, Waverly, which was westbound on Sand Creek Road.
Police Department News
• 12:34 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Main Street, a 75-year-old Ottawa woman reported some items were stolen from her residence by a known suspect.
• 4:36 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Willow Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole a license plate and fuel from a vehicle stored on his property.
• 4:13 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Tremont Avenue, Leza Weber, 45, Paola, reported an unknown vehicle struck her legally parked vehicle and left the scene.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 400 block of East Sixth Street, arrest; 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity.
• Thursday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Pine Street, civil matter; 300 block of West Fourth Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:37 a.m. Thursday, 1301 N. Davis Ave., firefighters responded to an activated extinguishing system. No fire was reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:47 p.m. Thursday, 1375 Rock Creek Road, Pomona firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Thursday.