• Friday: David Fish Jr., Kansas City, Mo.; Ronald Small, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 12:43 a.m. Saturday, 2500 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Kevin King, 43, Kansas City, Mo., on suspicion of driving while suspended.
• 5:28 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Wayne Walker, 44, Ottawa, on four Franklin County civil warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:36 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Michael Lickteig, 41, Greeley, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:34 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Sycamore Street, Misty Silkwood, 23, Ottawa, on two City of Ottawa warrants.
• 4:46 p.m. Friday, 900 block of North Main Street, Christopher McFadden, 23, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:14 p.m. Friday, 2800 block of Stafford Road, a 58-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man reported four windows of a rail car belonging to Midland Railway had been broken. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• 1:02 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Eisenhower Avenue, a 58-year-old Richmond man reported two tractor batteries and a GPS receiver were stolen from a 2005 John Deere tractor that was sitting in a field in the 400 block of Eisenhower Avenue. The battery cables also were cut and damaged. Loss was estimated at $3,500.
• 6:09 p.m. Friday, 2900 block of Allen Terrace, a 55-year-old Richmond man reported he caught a known 49-year-old Richmond man taking items from his garage. The items were recovered and returned, and the burglary remains under investigation, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:46 a.m. Friday, 2500 block of Colorado Road, a sheriff’s deputy found an abandoned 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier that had been in an accident.
• 2:12 a.m. Monday, 4000 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue driven by Samuel Blake, 21, Shawnee, left the road and rolled when Blake swerved to miss something that ran in front of his vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. Blake was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, with undisclosed injuries, the report said.
Police Department News
• 9:46 p.m. Friday, 600 block of South Ash Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa man reported two known suspects battered him. The incident remains under investigation, according to a police report.
• 1:58 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of Bennett Road, a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 23-year-old Ottawa man. The incident remains under investigation, according to a police report.
• 1:53 p.m. Friday, 700 block of Liberty Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported a known suspect stole $12.20 worth of electricity.
• 9:09 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of North Mulberry Street, a 68-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck and damaged her privacy fence.
• 2:44 p.m. Saturday, 300 block of West Seventh Street, a vehicle driven by Kirk Soman, 29, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Mary Rundle, 70, Ottawa. Soman was cited for inattentive driving and refusal of a preliminary breath test, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, information report; 700 block of Poplar Street, trespass report; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 600 block of Walnut Street, motorist assist.
• Sunday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 8:44 p.m. Saturday, 4284 I-35, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 6:46 p.m. Saturday, 3050 Labette Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 7:43 p.m. Saturday, 2229 Alabama Terrace, Pomona firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:05 p.m. Sunday, 1695 Utah Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Friday through Sunday.