• Tuesday: Christina Briggs, Ottawa; Connie Hoopes, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:01 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jennifer Stokes, 33, Paola, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:26 a.m. Monday, 400 block of East Franklin Street, Pomona, Anthony Kelley, 27, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery in a Coffey County incident. Kelley was transported by a Franklin County Sheriff’s officer to the Coffey County line, where he was turned over to a Coffey County Sheriff’s officer.
• 11:09 p.m. Monday, 4500 block of Hamilton Terrace, William Lute III, 23, Ottawa, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
• 10:07 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jarrod Harris, 28, Overland Park, on a warrant for a probation violation.
• 1:46 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of North Center Avenue, Jennifer Ritchey, 37, Williamsburg, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Charles Grissom, 24, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:50 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., William Lute III, 23, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 7:32 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Steven Lively, 45, Garnett, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:59 a.m. Tuesday, 3100 block of Shawnee Road, a 24-year-old Wellsville man reported the theft of a dirt bike, chainsaw and weed-eater from a barn located on his property. Estimated loss was $2,230.
• 8:58 a.m. Monday, 2900 block of Vermont Road, a 2010 Ford Escape driven by Richard Pryor Jr., 43, Rantoul, was northbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 5:41 p.m. Monday, 3500 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2003 Honda Odyssey driven by Bryan Hermreck, 33, Bonner Springs, was northbound on I-35 when it hit a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 9:01 p.m. Monday, U.S. 59 and Kingman Road, a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Laurinda Sobba, 50, Richmond, was southbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 9:16 p.m. Monday, K-68 and Indiana Road, a vehicle driven by Zachary Geist, 22, Pomona, was eastbound on K-68 when the hood lifted up and hit the front windshield and roof of the vehicle. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 5:17 a.m. Tuesday, 1300 block of South Olive Street, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect set her vehicle on fire.
• 3:20 p.m. Monday, 10th and Ash streets, a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole the “Dip” sign from near the intersection.
• 11:39 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of North Oak Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole property from his residence.
• 3:14 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Poplar Street, a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of her bank card. Miranda Gillaspie, 21, Ottawa, was later arrested on suspicion of theft and multiple counts of unlawful use of a financial card.
• 1:07 p.m. Monday, Ninth and Ash streets, a vehicle driven by Henry Duerksen, 83, Broken Bow, Neb., struck a vehicle driven by Sylvia Starkey, 73, Ottawa. Duerksen was cited with disobeying a stop sign, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 500 block of West Fourth Street, animal complaint; 500 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Benton Street, medical call; 100 block of North Elm Street, suspicious activity; 500 block of East Seventh Street, civil matter; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, warrant arrest.
• Thursday: 300 block of Hunt Street, juvenile report; 300 block of West Fourth Street, deprivation of property.
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, assist outside agency.
• Saturday: 600 block of Locust Street, public assist.
• Sunday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, criminal damage to property; 600 block of Main Street, theft; 100 block of Maple Street, alarm.
• Monday, 500 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 400 block of Main Street, alarm.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 12:22 a.m. Friday, 1612 N. Davis Ave., firefighters investigated an activated alarm system. No fire reported.
• 8:15 p.m. Sunday, 1645 S. Chestnut St., firefighters investigated a possible carbon monoxide incident.
• 11:08 p.m. Monday, 530 N. Main St., firefighters investigated a report of smoke odor. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 13 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:23 p.m. Sunday, 2800 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 11:26 p.m. Sunday, 2349 Stafford Terrace, Centropolis firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire reported.
• 10:28 a.m. Tuesday, 140 N. Louisa Ave., Williamsburg, Williamsburg firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm. No fire reported.
• 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, 3200 block of Finney Road, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Friday through Tuesday.