Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 3:55 a.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of South Cottonwood Street, Austin Drayer, 21, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:44 a.m. Wednesday, Days Inn, 2209 S. Princeton St., Natasha Popp, 40, Ottawa, on warrants from Dickinson County, Geary County and the state of Missouri.
• 11:02 a.m. Wednesday, Days Inn, 2209 S. Princeton St., Charity Schultz, 34, Ottawa, on warrants from Dickinson and Douglas counties.
• 6:49 p.m. Wednesday, 2700 block of U.S. 59, Joshua Davey, 22, Baldwin City, on suspicion of driving while suspended.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:04 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of East Central Street, Richmond, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman reported a burglary at her Richmond property.
• 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, a 2005 Toyota Tundra driven by Roger Cromwell, 66, Ottawa, was northbound in the 2400 block of Old U.S. 50 when it struck a deer.
• 7:54 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Ohio Road, a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 driven by Amanda Raby, 16, Richmond, was northbound in the 900 block of Ohio Road when it struck a 1999 Ford Taurus driven by Krystin Tidwell, 16, Richmond, as it was turning northbound onto Ohio Road from Douglas Road. Tidwell was transported to the Olathe Medical Center with undisclosed injuries. Raby was injured but refused transport, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:07 p.m. Tuesday, K-68 and Idaho Road, a 2003 Ford F-150 driven by Steven Horne, 49, Shawnee, struck a deer on K-68, one-half mile east of Idaho Road.
Police Department News
• 6:49 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Walnut Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects stole items out of his vehicle.
• 12:40 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of West Fourth Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects stole items out of his vehicle.
• 12:37 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 2101 S. Princeton St., Paula Jordan, 48, Princeton, was parking her vehicle when it struck a parked vehicle owned by Boyd Albright, 67, Ottawa. Jordan was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, two public assists.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:26 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Municipal Airport, 2178 Montana Road, responded to a report of a medical helicopter, with potential mechanical problems, making an unscheduled landing at the airport. The helicopter landed safely and the patient was transported by Franklin County ambulance to the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 9:11 a.m. Tuesday, 4541 Stafford Terrace, Wellsville firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 10:07 a.m. Tuesday, 1392 Rock Creek Road, Williamsburg and Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Tuesday.