Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 12:24 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jeremy Evans, 23, Lawrence, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
• 12:49 p.m. Thursday, 4500 block of Meadow Lane, James Cates, 47, Wellsville, on suspicion of domestic battery and domestic criminal damage to property.
• 12:49 p.m. Friday, 900 block of North Main Street, Ronda McCord, 46, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:40 p.m. Friday, 3700 block of Georgia Terrace, Philip Guyle Jr., 18, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal damage to property.
Police Department Arrests
• 4:10 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Hickory Street, Jessie Liggett, 26, Eudora, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence.
• 11:03 p.m. Friday, 200 block of East 12th Street, Vernon Mccovery, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal damage to property.
• 1 a.m. Saturday, Comfort Inn, 2335 S. Oak St., Amanda Neal, 32, Indianapolis, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 1:30 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Second Street, Wendy Yoachum, 28, Ottawa, on an Osage County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:05 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of West Mill Street, a 23-year-old Osawatomie woman reported unknown suspects stole a TV and other items from her 26-year-old Williamsburg sister’s home.
• 3:15 p.m. Friday, 3900 block of Tennessee Road, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported his red 2007 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab dual-wheel truck was stolen from his residence. Estimated value was $27,000.
• 9:37 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Mill Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his black 1994 Jeep Cherokee. Estimated value was $1,200.
• 10:58 a.m. Saturday, 4900 block of Neosho Road, a 53-year-old Olathe man reported an unknown suspect had entered an equipment shed and stole a 1991 Yamaha “Big Bear” four-wheeler valued at $3,500.
• 6:11 p.m. Wednesday, 1600 block of U.S. 59, a 2001 Nissan Frontier driven by Michael Schulte, 54, Princeton, was northbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 6:20 p.m. Thursday, K-68 and Nevada Terrace, a 2008 Ford Taurus driven by Steven Hadley, 62, Harrisonville, was eastbound on K-68 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 11:27 p.m. Friday, 1200 block of K-68 in Franklin County, a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire driven by Rachael Spangenberg, 22, McPherson, was eastbound on K-68 when it struck a cow. No injuries were reported.
• 4:32 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of Osborne Road, a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Michael Frack, 58, Pomona, was in the 1200 block of Osborne Road when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 12:07 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of West Second Street, Kansas Department of Children and Families reported a possible sex crime. The incident is under police investigation.
• 11:22 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Tremont Avenue, a 23-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect broke a window on the front door of his residence.
• 10:02 a.m. Friday, American Eagle, 1301 N. Davis Ave., a company employee reported a known suspect stole property from American Eagle.
• 3:17 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of Linwood Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole items from her unlocked vehicle.
• 8:07 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of East Third Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her door frame and stole property.
Wellsville Police Department
• Wednesday: 100 block of Walnut Street, lost property report; 100 block of Walnut Street, noise complaint; 300 block of Maple Street, public assist; 300 block of Locust Street, public assist; 300 block of East Second Street, animal complaint.
• Thursday: 800 block of Main Street, disturbance; 500 block of Maple Street, medical call; 300 block of West Fourth Street, juvenile complaint.
• Friday: 100 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 300 block of East Seventh Street, burglar alarm.
• Saturday: 400 block of Walnut Street, assist outside agency.
• Sunday: 200 block of Benton Street, medical call; 200 block of Prairie Lane, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:41 p.m. Friday, 1027 E. Pebble Beach Lane, firefighters responded to an activated smoke detector. No fire was reported.
• 6:41 p.m. Sunday, 202 E. Seventh St., firefighters investigated a possible natural gas leak.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 12:07 p.m. Sunday, 2817 Stafford Road, Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 2:32 p.m. Sunday, Oregon Terrace and Rock Creek Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:57 p.m. Sunday, 1230 E. Seventh St., Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Wednesday through Sunday.