• Monday: Lindsay Gastelum, Baldwin City; Esther Pope, Garnett.
• Monday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 6 ounces, to Kendra Chase, Fort Scott; baby girl, 7 pounds, 11 ounces, to Lindsay Gastelum, Baldwin City.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 12:17 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South Maple Street, Kayla R. Sword, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 1:35 a.m. Wednesday, Red Jacket and North Cherry streets, Joseph Bishop, 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department News
• 8:13 p.m. Monday, 200 block of East Fourth Street, a 38-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his vehicle.
• 3:48 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Mulberry Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making suicidal comments to an employee at the Elizabeth Layton Center for Hope and Guidance, according to a police report.
• 2:53 p.m Tuesday, 500 block of South Locust Street, Michelle Leecy, 42, Ottawa, was cited and released on suspicion of harboring a vicious animal.
• 9:15 a.m. Monday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported items were stolen out of his vehicle by an unknown suspect.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 500 block East Seventh Street, public assist for vehicle lock-out.
• Tuesday: 700 block of Main Street, two public assists; 4400 block of Vermont Road, assist outside agency; 300 Block of West Seventh Street, medical call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:50 p.m. Monday, 218 S. Cedar St., investigated unauthorized burning.
• 5:26 p.m. Monday, Ottawa Co-op Elevator, 521 N. Locust St., firefighters investigated a report of a possible ammonia leak. Firefighters made a search of the the west and south ends of the storage area for pressurized tanks, and no leaks or evidence of an ammonia release were discovered, according to a fire department report.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 3:17 p.m. Tuesday, Utah Terrace and Neosho Road, Cutler and Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, 4284 I-35 in Franklin County, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Tuesday.