Police Department Arrests
• 3:09 p.m. Friday, 300 block of East Seventh Street, Robert Krout, 29, Ottawa, on an active City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:28 a.m. Saturday, I-35 milepost 183, Ottawa, Ryan Shimp, 36, Choctaw, Okla., on suspicion of driving while revoked.
• 2:32 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of North Main Street, Handford Atchison, 52, Ottawa, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 5:17 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of South Main Street, Drake Rogers, 20, Garnett, on a Bates County, Mo., warrant.
• 4:08 p.m. Sunday, I-35 milepost 183, Ottawa, Angel Suarez, 38, Kansas City, Mo., on suspicion of driving while his license was suspended.
• 5:24 p.m. Sunday, I-35 milepost 183, Ottawa, Michelle Bradley, 24, Prairie Village, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• 10:31 a.m. Friday, 1600 block of Osborne Road, a woman, no age or address given, reported a foreclosed property had been damaged. The estimated loss was $1,390.
• 6:50 p.m. Sunday, Virginia Road and U.S. 169, a 27-year-old Greeley woman reported she was hunting on her father’s land when an unknown suspect broke into her vehicle and stole items valued at $675.
• 2:42 p.m. Saturday, 1400 block of U.S. 59, Princeton, a 1998 Dodge Ram truck driven by Kenneth Baker, 50, Princeton, was stopped on U.S. 59 waiting to turn into the Princeton Quick Stop when his vehicle was struck from behind by a 2001 Ford F-150 driven by Linda Cadwallader, 70, Richmond. Minor injuries were reported, but the parties declined medical attention at the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:29 a.m. Sunday, Thomas and Vermont roads, Charles H. Hale, 48, Wellsville, was killed when he lost control of the 2001 Harley Davidson motorcycle he was driving southbound on Vermont Road, according to a sheriff’s report. Hale was pronounced dead at the scene, the report said.
Police Department News
• 7:38 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of Burroughs Street, a 31-year-old Paola man was found deceased after an apparent medical emergency, according to a police report. The case remains under investigation.
• 12:31 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of South Main Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported his property was damaged by a known suspect. The case remains under investigation.
• 8:10 p.m. Saturday, 2300 block South Princeton Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa woman reported her financial card was used to purchase goods without her permission by an unknown suspect.
• 2:57 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Poplar Street, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 13-year-old suspect stole money from her.
• 11:13 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item out of her vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, non-injury accident; 400 block of Maple Street, suspicious activity.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 900 block of Ninth Terrace, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, theft; 800 block of Main Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 100 block of Walnut Street, welfare check.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:09 p.m. Sunday, 835 S. Mulberry St., firefighters responded to a vegetation fire.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 3:04 p.m. 400 S. Elm St., Rantoul, Saturday, Pottawatomie, Cutler and Wellsville firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Friday through Sunday.